News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Nightcore

Started by Iamthatis, August 19, 2014, 07:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iamthatis

I must know. Who here has ever heard of Nightcore?
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Rusvul

A core to hold umbranic power? As those used in Matter-warp Foci?

Skyblade

Revive.

I personally really like Nightcore. It's a style of music that takes songs (any song, really) and raises the tempo and the pitch. So, as a general rule, it results in songs that are faster and higher-pitched than the originals.

Maybe it seems ridiculous, but I honestly like both the concept and the result. Some Nightcored songs sound even better than the original. I find them energetic and different. Very interesting. Also, I prefer high-pitched sounds (for crying out loud, I play flute and piccolo).

Here's one of my favorites, Fireflies by Owl City in Nightcore version. You can find many more videos through a simple Google or Youtube search.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Luftwaffles

I love Nightcore.

There are MANY songs that I wouldn't like if there weren't for them.

QuoteMaybe it seems ridiculous, but I honestly like both the concept and the result. Some Nightcored songs sound even better than the original. I find them energetic and different. Very interesting. Also, I prefer high-pitched sounds (for crying out loud, I play flute and piccolo).

Why would that be ridiculous? That's exactly why I like them :)!
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Skyblade

Yay, Sierra! ^-^ I thought I might be the only one here.

What are your favorite songs in Nightcore?

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Skyblade on June 21, 2015, 05:00:28 AM
Yay, Sierra! ^-^ I thought I might be the only one here.

What are your favorite songs in Nightcore?

They made a really cool version of "My Heart Will Go On" and I really like that one (even better than the original). How about you? C:

I don't have many "favorite" songs now that I think about it, but that one I just love.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Skyblade

Cool :) Here are my favorite Nightcore songs:

Fireflies by Owl City - amazingly energetic. It gets my heart pumping faster.
His World by Crush 40 - the original is already awesome! It's incredible faster and higher.
Centuries by Fall Out Boy - this is a popular one and for good reason. It's quite catchy.
It's Time by Imagine Dragons - another one that gets me rolling.
Castle of Glass by Linkin Park - original is great, Nightcore even better.
Never too Late by Three Days Grace - one would think that making a sad song higher and faster would ruin the effect, but it actually sounds more emotional (in my opinion) for some reason.

Jetthebinturong

As this comment continued to be written I listened to more Nightcore so this is my thought process as time went on:

Spoiler
I've listened to a few Nightcore songs and I honestly only like The Phoenix, Castle of Glass and It's Time. I found Centuries and My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark to be very annoying which is a bit disappointing since FOB is one of my favourite bands. Everything else is just alright and none of them come close to the originals.

Okay so Imagine Dragons seem to be prime Nightcore targets because Warriors is also pretty good. As is Counting Stars (by One Republic).

Ooh Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Green Day) is pretty good.

Alright Linkin Park also seem to be good Nightcore material, New Divide, Breaking The Habit, Numb and In The End are good and What I've Done is alright.

Whoah You're Gonna Go Far Kid (The Offspring) is awesome!

I going to try and find some P!ATD Nightcore.

Oh. I Write Sins Not Tragedies is awful. Oh no, so is Lying Is The Most Fun. Okay, so Turn Off The Lights is good, thank Eru. C'Mon is alright but not great. Okay, This Is Gospel (the next line is "for the fallen ones" so yeah) is alright too. Can't think of any more Panic! songs so I'm leaving that alone for a while.

Pompeii (Bastille) is great. Going to look for some more FOB stuff.

Alone Together is alright. Ok, so Where Did The Party Go is pretty good. Ooh, so is Just One Yesterday. The Mighty Fall is meh. So is Miss Missing You. Woah, Death Valley is great! Young Volcanoes is alright. Woah, Rat a Tat is amazing. Save Rock And Roll is pretty good. Immortals is alright. This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race is alright. That's all I'm going to listen to for now.

MCR's Teenagers is alright. High School Never Ends (Bowling For Soup) is also just alright.

And thus concludes my Nightcore adventure.
[close]

MANY SONGS MENTIONED CONTAIN SWEARING OR INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT, LISTEN AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Skyblade

I listened to a few of those I know. Pompeii sounds cool. I REALLY like the Nightcore version of Safe and Sound by Capital Cities. The original is already one of my favorites, and it sounds epic higher and faster.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Skyblade on June 21, 2015, 05:34:02 AM
Cool :) Here are my favorite Nightcore songs:

Fireflies by Owl City - amazingly energetic. It gets my heart pumping faster.
His World by Crush 40 - the original is already awesome! It's incredible faster and higher.
Centuries by Fall Out Boy - this is a popular one and for good reason. It's quite catchy.
It's Time by Imagine Dragons - another one that gets me rolling.
Castle of Glass by Linkin Park - original is great, Nightcore even better.
Never too Late by Three Days Grace - one would think that making a sad song higher and faster would ruin the effect, but it actually sounds more emotional (in my opinion) for some reason.

Woah, I just listened to both versions of "Firefights" and you were absolutely right, the energy in that song is actually very present in the song (especially when performed by Nightcore).

Banya

It's funny that I just today listened to Nightcore's version of one of my favourite songs - Offspring's "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" - before seeing this thread.  They're definitely a band my brother would like; he loves remixes, mashups, and other variations on songs he likes, and he probably already listens to Nightcore (he's much more exploratory with his music than I).  For me, it was too hyper, and this is my opinion for most of their work, including "It's Time."  I very much prefer the toughness of the original "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid," particularly considering the song takes me to my childhood.  On the other hand, the changes they made to Linkin Park's "Numb"  were appreciated; the song seemed calmer, and they included dubstep.  In contrast to those opinions, Nightcore's version of "Centuries" was so much like the original that I don't mind either version.

Kitsune

I have found a new musical obsession.

Currently, my favorite is Hall of Fame. Surprisingly, it is a lot more beautiful.

Hall of Fame Nightcore
[close]

Skyblade

Plugg, I'm listening to Hall of Fame right now. You're right: it's beautiful. Why is music so appealing to people? I wonder.

Oh, and Nightcore Linkin Park songs are great.

I like many songs in Nightcore, really.

Lady Ashenwyte

I just found out about Nightcore, and it works well with Japanese music. I think the voices sound a little mousy and annoying, but it's just me.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Blaggut

I listened to some bagpipe night core, it was good, but the voices were terribly annoying.
~Just a soft space boi~