News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

At the moment I'm finishing off the Rogue Crew, which has taken me forever to finish!

What books are you reading, Redwall or not? Feel free to discuss them as well.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Skalrag of Marshank

I am one of those weird people who read, like, five books at once. I just read the prologue of Rakkety Tam, I'm also working on Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code, by Eoin Colfer and Guardians of Ga'Hoole #2: The Journey, by Kathryn Lasky.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Well, I am startig to re-read Loamhedge. I just finished a book called Angel. I don't think that I'm currently reading nything though.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

YES!!! The perfect thread for a bookworm like me!

Right now I'm reading Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens and I'm lovin' it! If you haven't read it you totally should!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah'm currently readin' The Rogue Crew, The Legend of Luke, Star Wars The Old Republic: Decieved, The War of The Worlds, White Fang, an' The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Stories.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Skalrag of Marshank

I've got a copy of The War of the Worlds...My dad and brother read it, and they said it was really good. I'm gonna have to read it one of these days... :-\
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

DanielofRedwall

^

My brothers love that book, one in particular. I think they like Animal Farm as well.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Gonff

We just went to the library, so I have tons of books to read. I got Castaways of the Flying Dutchmen on ILL and hopefully I can start it today as soon as I finish the other book I'm reading which I can't think of the name of at the moment.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Redwall Musician

..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Icefire

Quote from: Icefire on August 19, 2011, 04:32:03 PM

Right now I'm reading Oliver Twist by Charles [bad person] and I'm lovin' it! If you haven't read it you totally should!
Why was my post edited?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Lily

Quote from: Icefire on August 20, 2011, 10:16:17 PM
Quote from: Icefire on August 19, 2011, 04:32:03 PM

Right now I'm reading Oliver Twist by Charles [bad person] and I'm lovin' it! If you haven't read it you totally should!
Why was my post edited?

It doesn't look like it was edited - if it had been there would be a message at the bottom saying who it had been edited by and when. It looks to me like the forum's word filtering picked up a bad word in your post and changed it automatically. I know you didn't mean to post a bad word, but the computer doesn't know that. ;)

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on August 19, 2011, 06:32:29 PM
1984 ~ George Orwell
I love this book. I studied it for school years ago and just tolerated it, but I re-read it recently and thought it was fantastic. I highly recommend re-reading books you study in school, they're much more enjoyable when you're a bit older.

I am currently reading The Bellmaker.

Captain Tammo

I'm reading a book called "flyboys" it's really good!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Log-a-Log

I can't wait for the last book of the Eragon series. Its going to be really good
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart