What book(s) are you reading at the moment?

Started by DanielofRedwall, August 19, 2011, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZaranTheBlack

I just finished Doomwyte, about to start Scat, in the middle of The Hobbit, and middle of The Blade of Fire, book 2 of the Icemark Chronicles  :) Was going to read Divergent but frienemy revealed ending of series to me  :'(
Zaran the Black is my favorite character. I usually don't post my username as a character, but I thought I'd try it. I don't mean to like, "steal" Brian Jacques' character, though. I love black kitties and kitties of all kinds, though, and I can't wait to explore the series with other fans! :DD

Romsca

I just finished reading The Great Gatsby in English class and loved it!! :D I wouldn't recommend it though to those of you who aren't in high school yet because it has a few... issues. ::)

Ferrousferret

A Dance with Dragons.

I mean to start Atlas Shrugged after that, but I'm also waiting for Thomas Greanias' "Dominium Dei" & Terry Goodkind's "Severed Souls."

The latter hits stores in August (as seems to be always with Goodkind) but I haven't the slightest clue about the other one. Thomas Greanias writes his books in parts & releases each part as an E-book in succession, but doesn't actually publish it until its complete.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah'm almozt done viz Ztar Varz Ze Nev Jedi Order Dark Toide II: Ruin. An' ah'm almozt done rereadin' ze firzt book Vector Priome. Major!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tam and Martin

Reading? Romeo and Juliet  -_-  -_-  -_-

Mind you, I am not reading that because I want to, school purposes and the fact that I have to act in a play as Romeo   :P

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

MeadowR

^ Fun. ;)

I'm reading The Rogue Crew! :D << EDIT: No, I meant to say High Rhulain! But the former book I will be reading soon, also. :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Dag Downyfur

I'm reading a book called Pillage, it's really good.
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

marmfloxy

I'm now reading Outcast, tis great ;D I'm also reading Watership Down and Tarka the Otter at the same time heheh
"Now you'll see why I'm called the shooting star!"~ Gin, Ginga Nagareboshi Gin
Owl City and Sky Sailing are made of awesome! ^.^
"There is no old Adam Young, there is no new Adam Young, merely different colors and different brushstrokes over the same canvas"

Dag Downyfur

Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

Lady Amber

Firehawke

Quote from: Dag Downyfur on May 17, 2014, 02:05:29 PM
I'm reading a book called Pillage, it's really good.

I've read that one...but haven't finished the rest of the series.  Have you read any of Obert Skye's other books???

Almost done with the second Fablehaven...debating whether I should jump right to the third one, pick up Silmarillion again, or start re-reading the Leven Thumps series by Obert Skye when the set of books I just ordered gets delivered.

As for listening, I'm listening to Martin the Warrior right now  ;D
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Edraithel

I love the Leven Thumps series! And I've read the Fablehaven series as well.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

Dag Downyfur

Oh, Pillage is part of a series? I didn't know that! I'll have to read the rest, I finished it and I really liked it. No, I haven't read any other books by Obert Skye, but he's a good writer; I'll have to take a look at some of his other books. :)

Also, I read part of the first Fablehaven book, but I have so many other books to read that I never did finish it. XD It was good though, so I'll have to go back and finish it.

Firehawke

I also enjoy Brandon Mull's Candy Shop War series...and he's wanting to do a second Fablehaven series!!!

Stayed up late to finish the second book.  Now I'm switching gears and reading "The Empire Striketh Back"...so fun to read the original Star Wars movies in Shakespearian play form!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!