News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Topic where we revel in our weirdness.

Started by Faiyloe, October 14, 2014, 12:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unimaginative

I want a nickname! I want a nickname! Howabout.... GALACTICUS, DESTROYER OF WORLDS!!!
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Morgazath

Quote from: HanNorwood on October 15, 2014, 02:12:10 PM
I want a nickname! I want a nickname! Howabout.... GALACTICUS, DESTROYER OF WORLDS!!!
Nah, too girly. ;)
"The power of darkness is mine. At last I am free to reign destruction as I please. This world will be consumed, and you will be crushed. I am Mozaru, Lord of Night and Shadow." -Excerpt from The Chronicles of Light and Darkness. (A book I'm writing.)

The Skarzs

Quote from: BlueRose on October 15, 2014, 02:10:32 PM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on October 15, 2014, 05:05:48 AM
Pluggy-tan, for added obnoxiousness.

Ru-chan is right. It's definitely Pluggy-tan.
No, you forgot this: Pyuggy. It should be Pyuggy-tan. ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

Quote from: Rainshadow on October 15, 2014, 12:08:37 AM
Quote from: Soren the Warrior on October 14, 2014, 11:36:32 PM
Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of anime stuff. Can someone fill me in on what jus t happened?

It's not purely anime, although Japanese honorifics are used in anime.  See, the little suffixes we've been adding onto the end of nicknames actually have meaning.  Here's a site Jet-kun gave me to help decipher them all and understand their meanings.

(If you would like to know what Ren-chan is, it's a term of endearment, like calling you Renny.)
Oh ok, thanks. :)

I'm retired from the forum

Rainshadow

Quote from: BlueRose on October 15, 2014, 02:17:10 AM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on October 15, 2014, 01:58:52 AM
Ru-Dono will work fine, thank you.  ;)

Don't make me laugh, Ru-chan.

Ame No Kage, d'you know what Skarzsy-chan means by "anything brash"?

No idea, Aoi-kun.  I can only think of hash browns at this moment, as the word "brash" makes me think of that.  :P

@Ren-chan:  No prob.  Happy to help some poor innocent member understand us a bit more.  ;D

@Skarzsy-chan:  YES!  PYUGGY-TAN!

@Han:  How about Han-kun?  Or Han-chan?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BlueRose

Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Jetthebinturong

Hang on, let me make a list

Me: Jet-kun/Jet-sama, whichever works :D
Blue: Aoi-kun
Rus: Ru-chan
Soren: Ren-chan
Han: Han-chan
Plugg: Pyuggy-tan
Skarzs: Skarzsy-chan
Morgazath: Mor-kun
Rain: Ame-gozen though I'm probably going to call you Ame-chan (because I am the highest on the scale of nobility)

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

BlueRose

Jet-chan, it's Aoi-kun. Because reasons. And Skarzsy-chan. There's a y in there. And I personally will not call Rain "Ame-gozen". She's Ame No Kage.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on October 15, 2014, 05:23:56 PM

Me: Jet-kun/Jet-sama, whichever works
Blue: Aoi-chan
Skarzs: Skarzs-chan
Rain: Ame-gozen though I'm probably going to call you Ame-chan (because I am the highest on the scale of nobility)

*Looks offended* Hey! What about me?!

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: BlueRose on October 15, 2014, 05:41:30 PM
Jet-chan, it's Aoi-kun. Because reasons. And Skarzsy-chan. There's a y in there. And I personally will not call Rain "Ame-gozen". She's Ame No Kage.

Apologies, I'll fix that

Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 15, 2014, 05:56:57 PM

Corn-chan?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: BlueRose on October 15, 2014, 05:41:30 PM
I've wanted to know how to pronounce Aoi ever since you had a charrie named that in Autumn Harvest. I always said it the way it looked - "AY-oy" - but I'm pretty sure I'm murdering it. :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

BlueRose

It's Ah-O-Ee.

Quote from: Cornflower MM on October 15, 2014, 05:56:57 PM

Corn-ojousama!
Corny-hime
Corn No Hana
Hana-chan

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

BlueRose

Wylder Treejumper

SmFwYW5lc2UlMjBpcyUyMG15JTIwbmVtZXNpcyUyMSUyMEklMjBoYXRlJTIwSmFwYW5lc2UlMjBhbmltYXRpb24lMjElMjBNYW5nYSUyMGRyaXZlcyUyMG1lJTIwbnV0cyUyMSUyMEklMjBoYXRlJTIwQW5pbWUlMjElMjBhbmQlMjBJJTIwY2FuJTI3dCUyMGdldCUyMGF3YXklMjBmcm9tJTIwaXQlMjElMjElMjElMEElMEFIRUxQJTIwTUUlMjElMjElMjE=
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.