News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Horrible.....

Started by Conrad the Painless, November 06, 2014, 12:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Izeroth good a predicting the future?

Oh, I do believe so!
Yus.
Not the best, but he's still a great guy!

Conrad the Painless

I heard this terrible NPR (National Public Radio) story about how the U.S. after WW2 provided visas to Nazi party members who were in charge of death camps or put people on a list for them, among other jobs. The thing is, the U.S. provided more Visas to Nazi party members (and those associated) than Jewish people asking for Visas! I've not listened to the whole story so far, but I would like some feed back from you guys. I also encourage you to listen to the full story on the NPR website.
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Izeroth

That's awful. I don't think the ordinary soldiers needed to be punished (many of them didn't even know what the camps were doing), but the people who guarded the camps most certainly did. Fortunately, most of those guys are now too old to be able to do anything, and within a decade most of them will probably be dead.

The Mask

Have you double checked this? Because to be honest, I'm not sure it's the truth, or at least the entire truth.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Conrad the Painless

Dude, NPR does not lie. They were doing an interview with this guy who's writing a whole book about it.
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Blaggut

Hey, some people will do anything for a good story...
~Just a soft space boi~

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Conrad the Painless on November 07, 2014, 10:34:30 PM
Dude, NPR does not lie. They were doing an interview with this guy who's writing a whole book about it.
If true, that's horrible, like I said previously. But I wouldn't put my faith in NPR, as they're known for their liberal bias.

Just my two cents.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rusvul

Interesting that you cite a media site commonly accused of being biased in the other direction, while saying not to trust NPR due to bias.

(That could be taken as rude. Not intended to be so. And I don't mean to get into a debate, this is not something I feel strongly about.)

Jukka the Sling

The admission of liberal bias came from NPR itself, not Fox. Did you read the article? :)

Conrad the Painless

Still, it does seem slightly ironic that Fox should report on another program being biased when Fox equally as so.

Delthion

Not as equally, but yes, they are still biased. In the right direction! (That was just a joke so please do not read anything between the lines or anywhere around the lines!)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Izeroth

Delthion

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!