News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Dress to Impress

Started by Søren, November 11, 2014, 04:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

Ok, this is sorta a spinoff of my What's Your Favorite answer from the other thread. So we all "dress to impress".
By the way, I'm in no way a fashion aficionado, but this is the Cellers, for pointless things, and this just came out 'ma head.
I'll start the ball rolling with dressing like this:http://assets.fontsinuse.com/static/use-media-items/14/13102/full-1425x950/51e17305/x950.jpeg

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

So what are you supposed to do?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

I have no idea. Just make up an outfit I suppose.

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

Okay, will participate in the morning.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Wylder Treejumper

I'll start out with this. Pretty impressive, I'd say...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Rainshadow

Well, I'd say I'm definitely dressed to impress in my amazing Pupa Pan costume.

Aw yeah.  Totally impressive.  Couldn't get more impressive than that.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

You should have written that in Tavros' quirk

ANY ROOM FOR A DOOMED KNIGHT OF BLOOD?

Rain, what do you think Blood is? Relationships or literally blood? (Those're the two explanations the fandom has for the aspect)

Also, something interesting, a Knight of Heart translates to "He who protects the soul" or "He who protects souls". Another interesting class definition would be Prince of Mind, literally "He who destroys minds"
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

AT:  uH, WELL, i HAVEN'T QUITE GOTTEN THERE YET, BUT i'D SAY THAT bLOOD WOULD BE FOR RELATIONSHIPS, AS kARKAT IS VERY BIG INTO TROLL ROMANCE AND DISCUSSED IT FOR AWHILE IN aCT 5, BUT WHAT DO i KNOW?

Wow, you wouldn't believe how hard it is for me to willingly type with the cases inverted.  That kinda hurt.  :P

Anyway, we should probably not take over a topic with Homestuck stuff.  I mean, not more than we already have.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Conrad the Painless

Purple everything. Most impressive.
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Jetthebinturong

Rainshadow

I believe that Connie-san is.  He most likely views purple as impressive, although the bright green of Pupa Pan's outfit is much more impressive.

Jetthebinturong

Fly Pupa, flyyyyyyyy! Ahahahahahaha :::: )

Rainshadow

Sshhhh, I'm not there yet!  With Tavros I'm only as far as his conversation with Karkat about kissing Vriska, then the conversation with Vriska about his feelings for her!  *Wishes I had more time to spend catching up on Homestuck*

*Ahem*  Anyway, back on topic, I have abandoned my impressive Pupa Pan garb for a more snazzy outfit.  May I present to you my extremely snazzy suit!

(It has occurred to me that the clothing I'm choosing to acquire as impressive clothing is all for men.  However, as this is an internet website and gender doesn't really matter in posts, I don't really care.  ON WITH THE MASCULINE CLOTHING!)

Russa Nodrey

....Um, why is that thing armless?
Freddy

Rainshadow

It's the art style.  When drawn in that way, the characters are armless.  When drawn in this way:

he has arms.  ...He's also holding arms, yes.  But that's not the point.  I just had trouble finding official art, not fan art.  But yes, John has arms.  They just disappear from time to time 'cause Andrew Hussie gets lazy, I guess.  :P