News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

I dare you... to hit paste in the replies.

Started by SilentSam, December 02, 2014, 09:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aimless Gallivanter

im gay!!!!!!

SilentSam

Survive and Advance

In the early 2000s, many "reality TV" shows sequentially eliminated their contestants. Can you navigate a similar situation? Try to be the last player standing!
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

James Gryphon

Cats - In one of the greatest cons of all time, so-called "Felis domesticus" spent millennia thoroughly tricking humans into believing them to be nonsentient, and exploiting that relationship for all that it was worth. This finally came to an end when a certain orange tabby was caught operating a human-built computer around the turn of the last century, but cats have remained masters at playing off of other races' misconceptions. They have since infiltrated every level of Amalgamation society, and have proven to be frighteningly adept spies, diplomats and warriors.
« Subject to editing »

Dotti Dillworthy

"Thunder and lightning, it's getting exciting
Lights up the skyline to show where you are
My love is rising the story's unwinding
Together we'll make it and reach for the stars"
~ Sergey Lazarev, You Are The Only One

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Hickory

"Breaking news today, the billionaire Silicon Valley entrepreneur David Hammond, CEO of Hammond Industries, died from several gunshot wounds early last night. It is suspected that Mr. Hammond was targeted by anti-tech radicals, who opposed his company's forage into the territory of of wearable tech. Steven Erling has the story."

"It's been long known that Hammond has been working towards a different realm of technology that consumers can wear on their body. Google Glass and the Apple Watch have been acceptable predecessors to Hammond's products, which have transformed the mobile device world. Several groups have shown oppositions to this new branch of technology, the most prominent being worldwide energy saving group Energylife. To delve further into this case we brought in the famous Dr. Brendon Smith, who works on the effects of wearable tech on the wearer. What kinds of effects would Energylife protest against?"

"Well, when cell phones were first introduced a lot of people had a scare when they found out that mobile devices emit radiation. They thought they they would, well, die. Eventually scientists found out that it was a totally different type of radiation, not the stuff you'd find in uranium bombs. But new research suggests that devices worn near the head, like Google Glass, for instance, can cause brain tumors called gliomas.

"What is a glioma?"

"They're actually quite interesting; see, gliomas themselves have several different subgroups, so I'll focus keep the mixed type of them. Gliomas directly effects the brain and common symptoms are nausea, blurred vision, personality changes. Brain tumors might be the worst type, and that's what makes the world so afraid of this new threat from their smartphone or Apple Watch."

"Are they right about their concerns?"

"Partially. All of these studies showed that brain tumors could only be caused rarely, and only after extended periods of time of close contact with the skull. I doubt someone will be on a phone line for three hours. Even then, it was proved a while ago that only 3G - cellular data - could cause these rare side effects. All in all it's still very safe to handle a phone or wearable device."

"What do you think about the other problems with wearable tech?"

"From the point of view of a scientist, it can provide limitless benefits. For people who work with miniscule tools like me, a magnifying glass that can also simultaneously record work on a project, tell you what step to take next, and remind you when your meeting is. For working people it can help us out in a multitude of ways that Apple Watch can't. Sluggish "intelligence" like Siri can't use context to determine if you're ready to take a call or not."

"Dr. Brendon Smith is a scientist at Cambridge Polymer Labs in Boston."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

SilentSam

1996    Clinton    Clinton    Clinton    Clinton    Clinton    Clinton    Dole    Clinton
2000    Gore    Gore    Gore    Gore    Gore    Gore    Bush    Bush
2004    Kerry    Kerry    Kerry    Kerry    Kerry    Kerry    Bush    Bush
2008    Obama    Obama    Obama    Obama    Obama    Obama    Obama    McCain
2012    Obama    Obama    Obama    Obama    Obama    Obama    Obama    Romney
Year    Delaware    Washington, D.C.    Maryland    New Jersey    New York    Pennsylvania    Virginia    West Virginia
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!