News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

I dare you... to hit paste in the replies.

Started by SilentSam, December 02, 2014, 09:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aimless Gallivanter

The average flag size in Texas is so much bigger than anywhere else. Yeah, I know the usual joke, but...really, what is it about Texas that makes them want their flags so big? American flags the size of minivans, the size of small houses, waving from car dealerships and libraries.
There is something to be said, obviously, about insecurity. The wisdom is that the most performatively loud person at the party is the most insecure. And Texas is nothing if not performatively loud – their threats of secession, the bluster that permeates their politics, and of course, these huge flags.
And then you see the countryside of Texas, and...maybe you understand a bit. Because it is beautiful, sure, but a lot of it is empty. Empty in a way that feels heavy. Like the big cities in Texas are just fronts to hide that it's mostly an empty state, with a population trying to be as loud as possible so no one will notice that all of them live tucked away in the east.
All hail West Texas, right?
I mean, most of this could be said about America as a whole, and probably should be, but I'm not in America right now. I'm in Texas.
im gay!!!!!!

Hickory

Editors, T. (2012, May ). For a healthier country, overhaul farm subsidies. Retrieved August 30, 2016, from Scientific American, http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fresh-fruit-hold-the-insulin/
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Delthion

LT Sandpaw    12:06:30 pm    Posting in Zootopia?.
Guest    12:06:30 pm    Posting in Zootopia?.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Aimless Gallivanter

I'm not in America right now. I'm in Texas.
im gay!!!!!!

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

Guest    12:13:52 pm    Posting in 2016 Presidential Elections.
Online LT Sandpaw    12:13:52 pm    Posting in 2016 Presidential Elections.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

NathanBros

"I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop whenever I want."
My Mario blog (Portuguese): Jogos do Mario .

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Aimless Gallivanter

im gay!!!!!!

James Gryphon

This is a bit of a gravedig, but I hoped it might be helpful to some people.
« Subject to editing »

James Gryphon

By the way, the Administrator isn't who you'd expect.
Modify message
Report to moderator     203.104.11.76 (?)
« Subject to editing »

NathanBros

"I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop whenever I want."
My Mario blog (Portuguese): Jogos do Mario .

Cornflower MM