News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Metroid Prime Discussion

Started by Coobreedan, August 23, 2011, 09:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coobreedan

Here's the Metroid Discussion! Nighfire can start....discussing.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

Wow. That was to the point. For those of you who are interested, Metroid Prime is a video game series centered on a female bounty hunter called Samus Aran. This is her:

And she wears a Power Suit called the Varia Suit. It looks like this:

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Coobreedan

Her power suits have many upgrades too, like that gravity one and the dark one.
Do any of these appear in your fanfic, 'cos I couldn't find it on the site?
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

My fanfic's not on this site. If your talking about Fanfiction.net, I think there is a waiting period before it is published. And no, they don't. Only the upgrades that Samus has in Metroid: Other M. My fanfic is set exactly one month after it. And as you know, Other M is right before the Trilogy. So she get's all those in the time period AFTER my fanfic. And The Dark Suit and Light Suit she gave back to U-Mos after Echoes, remember? And the Phazon suit was stolen by Metroid Prime, thus giving rise to Dark Samus. In case any of you want to know, Dark Samus is the antitheses of Samus Aran. She looks like this:

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

Is this a recent game? What system is it for?
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

White One6193

Not that I dinnae like Metroid,(playing Metroid fusion right now) but... the point of this is???
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Coobreedan

Metroid is a Nintendo game that came out.....a while back.
I have three games, one old-ish one, another old-ish one, and a new-ish one and I've beaten Ridley on all three. On one of them I even beat Meta Ridley.

Matthias720

Let's try and keep video game discussions within the video game topic, here.

That being said, I won't lock this topic, as this is just a reminder for future reference. ;)

Nightfire

It is more than "just a video game" though. It's turned into a whole franchise that has become super popular. There are even huge websites dedicated to the world of Metroid as well as Samus Aran. People worldwide write lengthy fanfics about her, including myself. ;D Her armorsuit is awesome as well. It's like a combination of Mandalorian and Halo armor, yet more powerful and more advanced than both. Oh, and for those of you who don't know what Metroids are. This is what they look like:

And this is Metroid Prime:

Matthias720

Ummmm...you could say that about any video game franchise. >.>

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Nightfire on August 24, 2011, 03:21:15 PM
Her armorsuit is awesome as well. It's like a combination of Mandalorian and Halo armor, yet more powerful and more advanced than both.
When you said that, I thought of Halo.
I use to play Halo. I still have it, it's just I don't play it. Anyways. I use to like Halo a lot (I actually got pretty good. I don't think I'm very good anymore though.).
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Skalrag of Marshank

Is Metroid Prime for the Wii or Nintendo 64 or what?
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Coobreedan

Definately on N64, and I think it's on Wii.

Here's Ridley, the leader of the Space Pirates, and murderer of Samus's parents:

Oh and Nightfire, I was just wondering if you'd heard of this JUSTIN BAILEY thingy.
In case you don't know, it's a code for one of the early Metroid games.

Nightfire

Never heard of it. We own the Metroid Trilogy, which includes Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime: Echoes, and Metgroid Prime: Corruption. We also have Metroid: Other M. Oh, and the trilogy we have, it's the limited special edition, which means that Prime and Echoes are for Wii too. ;D

Coobreedan

I have one for Wii, one for GameBoy, and one for SNES I think.