News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Technology (Hardware/Software)

Started by Søren, December 23, 2014, 01:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

Ok, here's where we talk about technology in all its shapes and forms.
From smartphones, to computers, to video games, to photoshop, to hacks, to wearables, to space flight tech. Anything you want.
I'll start off:
Has ever used a wearable? Like a smartwatch, fitness tracker, or something like Google Glass or Oculas Rift?

I'm retired from the forum

Rusvul

MY BOX IS HERE I CAN MAKE A COMPUTER NOW I HAVE A CASE FOR MY AWESOME GUTS WOO

Maudie

Rus doesn't use all capitals. EVER. It's an impostor. ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rusvul

To quote the friend who's helping me build it, 'I AM CAPITAL LETTERS EXCITED.' He'll be here in half an hour. :D:D;D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Also, Star Trek has space alien temporal Nazis, apparently.

Søren

Yes. Yes they do.
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on December 23, 2014, 06:31:11 PM
To quote the friend who's helping me build it, 'I AM CAPITAL LETTERS EXCITED.' He'll be here in half an hour. :D:D;D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Good! We want to see you race your computer against this:

And I expect nothing but win!!

I'm retired from the forum

Rusvul

Greetings from COMPUTINATOR! I just did a test, I ran Minecraft on maximum settings (On everything except render distance, kept that at 12 chunks) and got a steady 60 FPS. Super awesome! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Installing Steam now.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on December 23, 2014, 05:55:40 PM
MY BOX IS HERE I CAN MAKE A COMPUTER NOW I HAVE A CASE FOR MY AWESOME GUTS WOO

*Laughs* Your excitement is catching, bud.

I've been confuzzled for some time because of this: People have little pocket-sized chunks of technology that can answer practically ANY question - And they use it to look up pictures of and videos of cats. CATS! Now, I'm a cat person myself, but really?

Rusvul

Google made an AI to search the internet and learn things. First thing it learned: What a cat was.

Cornflower MM

You see?! It boggles my mind! When people could be looking up stuff like the symbol of the flower of life (I think that's what my dad calls it. Personally, I call it the complicated pretty flower thingy) , they look up CATS!

Rusvul

You know what would be a better thing to look up? Netflix, so I can watch Star Trek. In fact, I'll do that now.

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Lady Amber

Quote from: Cornflower MM on December 25, 2014, 12:25:53 AM
You see?! It boggles my mind! When people could be looking up stuff like the symbol of the flower of life (I think that's what my dad calls it. Personally, I call it the complicated pretty flower thingy) , they look up CATS!
What's the symbol of the flower of life?

Rusvul

I have wanted to play Wildstar since it was released, but I couldn't because my computer was bad. Now I have a good computer, and I am 95% through the download for Wildstar. Problem is, Wildstar is big and my connection is bad. Soo... There's a chance that once downloaded, I will have too much latency to play. Which would be a bad thing.

EDIT: 40,000 kilobytes remaining.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rusvul