News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Merry Christmas!

Started by The Mask, December 24, 2014, 11:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

I waited until 8:30 then got up. I'm simply too excited to sleep!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! WOO!!!

Verdauga

I got up before three-thirty.
Stupid cats in the garage.

Anyway, Merry Christmas for reals this time!!
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

shisteer of nothing much

Happy boxing day, I suppose. *puts on boxing gloves and begins to punch box*
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

....I think I got a razor for Christmas....

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

The Skarzs

They're hinting something.

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on December 25, 2019, 07:55:59 PM
Happy boxing day, I suppose. *puts on boxing gloves and begins to punch box*
NO.
Twelve days of Christmas and all that. We don't celebrate Christmas before the day, we celebrate it after.
Just feels wrong to put it all away the day after.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

shisteer of nothing much

Okay then.

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me
two kumara
and a pukeko in a paunga tree.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

I got a watch for Christmas.

shisteer of nothing much

I didn't get anything for Christmas... but we played dreidle and I got chocolate coins.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

I feel like I'm missing out on what dreidle is and I want to talk about my watch....

What's dreidle?

shisteer of nothing much

I dreidle is kind of like a spinning top. It's a kind of gambling that the Jewish children did when they were learning the Torah and had to hide that fact.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Now that you explain it, it sounds familiar from my early Bible studies. Cool. How do you like it?

Kade Rivok

So, how was everyone's Christmas?
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

Not that bad. Got a watch (which I already mentioned).

Soo, uh,  ;D how was your Christmas?

The Skarzs

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on December 25, 2019, 08:49:51 PM
I didn't get anything for Christmas... but we played dreidle and I got chocolate coins.
Are you Jewish?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Merry Christmas everyone!

I had a great time this year. Dinner was great, we played party games (charades, and that character forehead thingy), me and my brother had an incredibly close chess game (he won. The game ended with him having just the king and both bishops, and I had the king and two pawns (I conceded when I lost my last knight). We also watched the first episode of The Witcher, which was decent, Independence Day, which was a fun action film (never actually seen it before) and Deadpool.
I got a buncha books:

List of books
From left to right, that's:
Fire & Blood by George R. R. Martin. Part one of the history of House Targaryen from his A Song of Ice and Fire series, told by three different historians (and thus, rather unreliable).
Lair of Dreams and Before the Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray. Books 2 & 3 in The Diviners series. Prohibition era YA supernatural horror.
The Gunslinger by Stephen King. The first book in The Dark Tower. No idea what it's about, but I've been meaning to get into King, and figured I'd start with his fantasy - not the greatest fan of horror.
Warchild by Karin Lowachee. Honestly cannot remember what it's about, other than it's classic gay sci-fi.
Monster of the Week by F. T. Lukens. Sequel to The Rules and Regulations for Mediating Myths & Magic. It's a YA fantasy romance about a boy who accidentally becomes the apprentice of a wizard.
City of Betrayal by Claudie Arseneault. Sequel to City of Strife. Idealistic lord in a free city standing up to a brutal and domineering empire.
Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston. Romance about the son of the US president, and the Prince of Wales falling in love.
The Merciful Crow by Margaret Owen. YA high fantasy. Caste system named after birds. Crows cannot get diseases, so they deal with the dead. Lowest caste in society.
The Root by Na'amen Gobert Tilahun. Don't remember much about it. I think there might be a drug that gives people powers? Maybe some hacking? It's a sci-fi.
The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon. Adult high fantasy with dragons and magical assassin nuns.
Tapestry by Hallie Burton. YA high fantasy set in a world where anything that stirs passion is banned. Follows a boy who wants to make music.
The Last Sun by K. D. Edwards. Don't remember this either. Think it's adult urban fantasy. Series is called the Tarot Sequence, so it's probably to do with fate and fortune-telling.
and Saga Vols. 2 & 3 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples. Romeo and Juliet type space opera about two members of warring races who fall in love and have a kid, and now both races want them dead.
[close]
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan