News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

A Fox's Fate

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, January 02, 2015, 05:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

After waiting a few hours, Glicthor marched over to the abode of Ares with his bodyguard of a few choice wolves. Well, what can I lose, if he becomes troublesome, I'll dispose of him. He went over to his tent, and called in. "If Ares is in there I would have words with him.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Sorry I didn't confirm which hare I was watching it was May not yours ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on January 06, 2015, 02:29:35 PM

OOC: Sorry I didn't confirm which hare I was watching it was May not yours ;)

OOC: Woops.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jukka the Sling

Ares and Briar had been eating an early supper, which consisted of a skinny woodpigeon and a few roots. At the sound of Glicthor's voice outside his hut, Ares got to his footpaws and went to the door, his eyes asking a question.
----------------------
May pressed onward towards the smoke. After a while it thinned out and mostly vanished, but she kept going and finally reached the village after another half hour of walking.

She saw at once that there had been a fire that had burned down part of one wall and a couple of huts. As she went forward, pawing her right dagger just in case, she saw several foxes within the village. Hope they're friendly...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

"Ah, good, prompt response, another good characteristic of yours." Said Glicthor almost smiling. "Anyway, I have been looking for someone to fill this position for a long time, and it looks as if I finally have. Ares, you are to be my second-in-command, obey my orders, and you might become leader once I am dead, rebel, and, let's just say that something fairly terrible will befall you. Are you up for it?"
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

Ares was, needless to say, delighted. He was rather ambitious (to a point. He would never try to usurp Glicthor's position), and had been trying to work his way up almost since the day he'd joined. And here it was - an important position simply being handed to him.

The wolf straightened up and replied, "Yes."
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

"Good, good. Now you'll begin your position at first light tomorrow. We need more wolves for this war against the foxes." said Glicthor going back to the tournament grounds

Jukka the Sling

Ares simply nodded, but once Glicthor left, he rushed back into the hut. "Briar! You aren't going to believe this! The chief has made me his second-in-command!"

His sister Briar, a small, generally quiet wolfmaid with a deformed leg, looked up. "That's wonderful!" Privately, she wasn't too thrilled, as the news meant her brother would be away more and leave her by herself all day. (Though quiet, Briar did enjoy having somebeast else's company. She adored her brother, not knowing about his violent tendencies, as all she ever saw of him were his actions towards her.)

Unimaginative

Stent limped up to Marshall, frowning. "I think the Wolf got away. I saw him running into the woods. I would've gone after him, but..." he raised one of his crutches, shrugging.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Gonff the Mousethief

" It's fine Stent, that wolf learned his leasson. By the way, in all of the compotion, did you see a hare as well? When I went to shoot the wolf, I accidentally hit one. Have you seen it or was it just the smoke? I need to go ask Moken if he saw one."
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

LT Sandpaw

Moken finished with helping put out the fires walked thought the small crowd of worried and angry foxes searching for his only two friends. He had suffered several minor burns and a large lump on his head from the wolf's blow. Luckily for Moken, Marshall was not difficult to spot in the crowd of brown and red, his gray blue fur standing out easily.
Spotting them he pushed past several vulpines checking at their own homes and possessions. Raising a paw he closed the remaining distance.
"Er Marshall uh Tent, are you okay? His worried eyes scanned his friends quickly, terrified one of the two creatures would be seriously hurt.

Unimaginative

"I'm fine, unless you know some miracle cure for my legs." Stent turned to Marshall. "No, I didn't see any Hares."
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

LT Sandpaw

"Er I saw a rabb-hare er, he was here when the wolf came." Moken offered ignoring Stent's jib about his legs. "I dunno where he, uh went."

Lady Ashenwyte

Aethslath and Martha were lost. During the fire, the smoke had went into Martha's lungs , making her sick and grouchy. A bad joke later, Aethslath ran away, followed  by Martha who was holding her violin high above her head and screaming, were running straight in the direction of the wolf camp.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jukka the Sling

Still pawing her dagger, May cautiously headed towards the fox village. "Hello?"