News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Battle for Wesnoth

Started by Emperor Ublaz, January 27, 2015, 05:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor Ublaz

Anybody else out there play Battle for Wesnoth?
Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Mask

Turn-based strategy game. Thanks google ;D
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

James Gryphon

It's a fantasy strategy game. I used to play it a fair amount a few years back (back when it was 1.3 or 1.4 or something). It has the typical fantasy races -- dwarves, elves, orcs, men, etc. -- and two or three extra ones thrown in. The game is probably T, or PG-13 on a movie rating. There's profanity in some scenarios (like the Orc ones), some of the unique characters had art that revealed a little skin, and there's magic of both 'white' and 'black' varieties (with undead zombies/skeletons/the like). I eventually quit playing because of those elements.

Getting past the world's setting, though, the core gameplay is very sound. There's lots of rock-paper-scissors, shifting units around to make sure they're on good terrain, and timing your attacks (units fight differently at day and night). It's pretty easy to pick up, and anyone with a basic grasp of strategy should be able to do well in the beginner campaigns.
« Subject to editing »

Emperor Ublaz

I'm currently playing through the "Northern Rebirth" campaign. However, I used cheat codes to bypass one scenario, so I now have a nearly indomitable army of Ancient Lich's!
Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!

Lady Ashenwyte

I'll download it when I get home.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.