News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

What are your favorite Bible verses?

Started by Icefire, August 29, 2011, 03:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romsca

Back when I took Spanish, our teacher used to read us a Bible verse every class, in Spanish! (I went to a Christian school) It was the neatest thing!  :D

And WONWILL......watch it! >:(

Dannflower Reguba

Careful Romsca, Mods don't like it when we don't listen. We've alreay stated numerous times that WONWILL's post was completely uncalled for.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Romsca

Skyblade

Please people, if you're not Christian than may you keep thoughts to yourself? Not trying to be rude, I just want to keep this thread open.
You know when you use the Internet on your phone it sometimes automatically corrects your typos? Well I was just about to post for the last sentence "I just want to keep this bread open" :P

One of my favorite verses is the one in my siggy, as well as numerous other proverbs. Proverbs 31, about the godly wife is a fave of mine. I also like the classic John 3:16 and the part in Revelations that talks about Heaven. ^.^

My phone did it again, I was about to post "one of my favorite verses is the one in my soggy"

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

SPSF kodachorm otter7486

genesis 26:24 for i am with you i have that on my dog tag

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Romsca

KitrallStreamrippler

One of my favorites is Jacob 6:12- O be wise, what can I say more?
It's excellent advice, really.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Redwallfan7

1st John 2:17

Galatians 6:8

Titus 3:5

Here are some verses that an just discovered that I like.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

KitrallStreamrippler

I found another one that I really really like. It made my day today. It's Isaiah 41:13.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Leatho Shellhound

Great verse, I am glad the Lord God will help me.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

winifred

Phillipians 4:8
Finally Brothers, Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent and praiseworthy, think about such things. NIV

For my girls church group. GEMS. We learned this whole verse in sign language.
Does anyone subscribe to the Answers in Genesis Magazine?? It's awesome!!!!!!!!!
Also, I think I'm going to start a thread about some of these things..... we'll see.
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

rachel25

Quote from: Lutra on August 29, 2011, 12:06:19 PM
The one about the golden rule: So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. (Matthew 7:12)

Just wish more people would follow it.
in that case you may be happy to know I do follw this verse and all of them in fact it's in my religon