News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Amazing outdoors photos

Started by Izeroth, February 03, 2015, 04:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gears

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on February 18, 2015, 11:53:54 PM
... I've never heard of them before... they look so weird
It's really neat. Some forms of Algae also do this, you can see it in California.

That's a beach in Maldives.
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Mhera

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

Microbes and high amounts of iron and salt.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

Quote from: The Skarzs on February 20, 2015, 07:14:54 PM
Microbes and high amounts of iron and salt.
Which makes blood. Lots of blood flowing from a glacier. ;D
Just kidding.

I'm retired from the forum

Mhera

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Unimaginative

"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Eulaliaaa!

Mhera

Hawaii and the Philippines. The coloring has something to do with how the bark peels off (can't remember exactly).

Izeroth

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on February 23, 2015, 01:55:49 AM
:o  ...where are those?
According to Wikipedia, they're native to New Guinea.

Giant's Causeway, North Ireland

Eulaliaaa!

Wow, that's really cool... you guys are awesome at finding cool places.

Izeroth

According to the site I found the picture on, the columns were formed by a volcanic eruption. That's why they have the wierd shape.

Jedidiah Smith Redwoods State Park, California

The Mask

Hexagon's a very strong shape, tessellates resource-friendly etc.  That's why so many things in nature are shaped like hexagons.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock