News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Disappointing Movies

Started by Eulaliaaa!, February 09, 2015, 04:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

So, we've all seen movies that were disappointing. I recently saw Jupitur Ascending, and I was expecting more since it was made by the same people who did the Matrix. What are some movies you found disappointing?
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

Divergent, but I get the impression that the whole series is rather on the disappointing and shallow side. (I mean, it's basically Hunger Games in a different environment. ::))
Other than that, I haven't seen many new movies so I can't list any more.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Starla1431

After Earth. I expected better.

Eulaliaaa!

Divergent was good (I mean, it's not famous for nothing), but it's just not for me. I found both the movie and the books boring...
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Wot, wot!

8)
A disappointing movie for me would probably have to be Annie. I like the original story, but the singing made it really confusing and hard to watch ;)
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Jetthebinturong

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. When I first saw CoB I loved it, but after reading the book it really disappoints me. And DoS is just awful
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Eragon.  I don't even wanna talk about it.  I just... ugh.  I mean, I thought it was a cool film before I read the book, but afterwards?  *Shudders*

Another would be Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole.  I enjoyed the books (well, up till book seven.  Then it got a bit weird and kinda dull), but the movie was just lame.  The animation was great, the soundtrack was fantastic, the casting wasn't half bad (I don't remember who played who, but I remember not being bugged too much with the voices), but they got the story totally wrong.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Lady Ashenwyte

The Battle of the Five Armies. Sigh, it deviated so far from the book. Also, they didn't focus much on the armies themselves but on the main characters. Also, WHICH BRIGHT SPARK'S IDEA WAS IT TO HAVE THE VILLAIN KILLED BY THE ANTIHERO? BOLG SHOULD HAVE BEEN KILLED BY BEORN! AND AS FOR BEORN, HE WASN'T THAT MAJOR ORC-WRECKING AWESOME BEAR WE WANTED! All in all, a good movie, but a disappointing one, to be sure. Just watch The Return of the King.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Izeroth

Frozen. Everyone raved about it, but I honestly didn't think it was that great when I watched it.

Eulaliaaa!

They definitely could have done better in The Hobbit movies. I mean, some of the characters who were in the movie weren't in the book. They changed a whole lot, too.

LT Sandpaw

Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix As a big fan of the Harry Potter world I can honestly say that movie was incredibly bad, not even leaving the original story bad, it was just bad.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Summer Tleo

Personally I didn't like the Narnia movies (They Stunk) and Percy Jackson #1!

Rainshadow

Quote from: Summer Tleo on February 09, 2015, 08:19:57 PM
Personally I didn't like the Narnia movies (They Stunk) and Percy Jackson #1!

I enjoyed The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, but yeah, the other two weren't very good, in my opinion.  The second one was kinda boring, and the third was like, "...Did they even read the book?"  And yeah, I thought The Lightning Thief was good till I read the book.  Then: "...Did they even read the book?"  Kinda the same for the second film.  I've only seen it once, and that was when it was in theatres, so I may not remember it correctly.  (And I haven't read the book for such a long time, so I don't really remember what happened in the book.)  I think it was a teeny bit closer to the book, but still, it wasn't all that great.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Hickory

*sighs* I can't believe no one has mentioned the Star Wars prequels. They gave as much entertainment as the standard houseplant.

You'll all hate me for this, but the Maze Runner seemed... a little below my expectations. On the other hand, I've read the book, soooooooo...
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

I honestly do not understand the hate for the Star Wars prequels, I hate Jar Jar but that's about it

The Percy Jackson movies
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan