News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

The War for an Abbey's Ruins RP

Started by Eulaliaaa!, February 11, 2015, 01:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Okay I'm going to assume since Ashenwyte isn't posting that Ridge and his team killed him. Ashenwyte if your character is still alive have him only been seriously injured. So I can keep posting ;)

BIC:
Dropping the first magazine Ridge replaced it with a new one clicking it into place. The rest of his team did the same placing fresh ammo into their weapons. Moving forward Ridge checked the man who had been speared with the Katana biting his lip when he saw the man was dead.

"Carter's done, take what you need and we'll keep moving." Ignoring the remain animals Ridge's team collected all of Carter's gear burying him under a pile of leaves.

Holstering the extra weapon Ridge turned his back on the animals prepared to continue the mission when a loud siren began to sound.

"Something's at the bloody ship sir." One of his men growled fingering his rifle.

"Doesn't matter now, we have to finish. Lets move out," he told them. Leading the way he continued towards ground base four, and towards Redwall Abbey. 

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Skyblade

OOC: Great art and writing, Pacific! :) And Mystery eventually leaped in between Ashenlance and the men in an effort to save him. I don't want her to be killed though, especially not this early in the RP. So maybe we can say the gunfire was split between the two creatures, and they both survived.

BIC: Mystery collapsed on the ground as the men stopped shooting their guns, bleeding from multiple wounds that burned with more pain that she knew she could feel. She tried to lift her head and meet the gaze of any other living creature.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Wot, wot!

Spero landed on the desolated ground next to her two friends,"It's ok, Mystery. Just rest, friend." Spero said, then began looking desperately for anything that could be used as bandages. Dread and fear filled her mind as she realized the humans were on their way to Redwall abbey and Stashi was nowhere to be seen.
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Skyblade

Mystery rested her bleeding cheek on the ground she was lying on. Though tears were falling down her face and mingling with her wounds, she managed to smile at her friend. "Spero..." she murmured, incapable of opening her eyes to the situation at hand through her pain, "Am I..." The dreaded fear filled her, and she swallowed and went on. "Am I going to die?"

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Lady Ashenwyte

Ashenlance lay on the ground, face down, and he looked as if he was dead. Suddenly a loud hiss was heard, and the eyes of an adder looked on the humans, liking it's target.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi covered her ears, her wings twitching as the alarm continued to sound out. She took to the air, flying high above the ship and trying to get away from the sound. She flew in the direction of the Abbey, hoping to find silence there, the noise hurt her ears and she could barely think. Her eyes rested on the humans who were making their way towards Redwall. She began to panic as she thought of what to do.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Izeroth

The U.S.S. Magnanimous disembarked from the landing pad, cutting its way through the torrential rain. All other sounds were drowned out by the howling of the ship's great engine as it ascended into the atmosphere. Even the largest skyscrapers of Chicago were dwarfed by the colossal warship.

Captain Greg Millard watched from the command bridge as his ship rose in altitude. Natalia would pay for what she had done. Creator of the cure or not, she would pay.

The colossal grey-and-red warship arrived at Alterra just in time for dinner. As the Coalition had suspected, the space around the Earth-sized planet was already occupied.

Time to make her pay, thought Millard.

Wot, wot!

"Not if I can help it, friend," Spero said as she bandaged Mystery's wounds with herbs, then turned to help Ashenlance.

OOC: are snakes evil in this RP?
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

pacificmaelstrom

On the SS Refuge, Natalia leaned back in her chair and looked out the bridge window at the planet below.

*BEEEEEEP*
The alarm was still going off.

"Can't you shut it off Xavier?" She whispered with irritation.

"I can shut it off here, but it won't do anything about the beacon itself, or the door. It will go until it runs out of power... which would take years. The remote control system seems to have been damaged. The alien may have done some internal damage."

"Well shut it off here. I'm tired of hearing it. Once Ridge secures a landing site for the heavy landers, we can send out a team to retrieve that shuttle and make repairs."

*BEEE--

"Thank you. Now connect me with the team in landing bay 1."

Xavier did as she asked, pulling up a video com-link with a team that was readying another one of the 8 small shuttles aboard the Refuge in order to salvage the two Kosova Corp. ships that had been in orbit when the disease killed their crews.

"We are just about ready to launch," the team leader, a muscular, graying man reported.

"Good. I want you to start with the Kosova Yacht. We will do the Hauler tomorrow. If you find my brother's body, bring it on board when you dock. Any other corpses you can dump into space."

"Alright."

"Remember, the to broadcast the codes I gave you. That is very important. Otherwise the automatic defenses may target you when you get close."

"I wouldn't forget that."

"Good. I'll talk to you when you get back." She nodded to Xavier and he terminated the link, then she added "I'm tired. I am going to go to my cabin for a few hours."

She got up and began to leave, but stopped and turned back momentarily. "Be sure to alert me if anything important happens."

"Wait!" Xavier said suddenly. "A new contact has just exited warp on the edge of this sector."

Who could it be? Natalia wondered. She thought that there had been no other operational ships on Earth... perhaps the outer colonies were not as decimated as she thought. At any rate, she could used additional help with her endevours... and some more fuel for her ship.

"Are the shields up?"

"Yes, the computer put them up automatically."

"Lower them. Show them we don't want a fight."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Hail them and put it up on the main screen."

Xavier did as requested. Natalia stood in front of the screen:
"I am Natalia Kosova, captain of the SS Refuge carrying survivors from Earth. Please state your intentions."

pacificmaelstrom

Quote from: Wot, wot! on February 17, 2015, 04:41:17 AM
OOC: are snakes evil in this RP?
OOC: At some point it was stated that vermin and good beasts worked together to fight the humans during the initial invasion (before the disease killed all the humans), but I don't know if snakes are capable of actually being good.

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: No, snakes and pike/fish aren't able to be good. In the books, they were always evil.

BIC: Stashi dove down, speeding towards the humans at an alarming speed. Her target was Ridge, she would dive down and grab him, taking him off the ground. When she was high enough, she would tell him to leave or else she would drop him. She dove lower, seconds away from the humans.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

Panting and sweating from their run Ridge and his men stopped in sight of ground base four taking cover outside it.

"Alright send a quick alert to the captain and confirm were in position, then we'll move in."

As the soldiers prepped Ridge glanced down towards the nearby Abbey wreckage. Impressed by the size and one time majesty of the crumbling building Ridge allowed a smile. This would be the perfect place to settle the colony.

"Sir the radio flare is sent, code complete were free too move."

"Alright I'll take point rest of you follow me in, lets see what we kind find." Readying their weapons Ridge's team pressed forward towards the hidden base crossing a clear area.

A sudden screech rent the air and Ridge felt himself being lifted. "Heeeey." Scrambling franticly and sneezing Ridge watched the ground get farther and farther away.

pacificmaelstrom

OOC: hold up.. an eagle can only lift 1/3 of its bodyweight. Ridge probably weighs about 150lbs plus 100lbs of combat gear plus extra from the dead soldier.... stashi as a flying animal the size of a human would weigh about half that much.... there is no way she would be able to lift him more than a foot or two off the ground.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I think for the sake of the story we'll say she can  :)

pacificmaelstrom

OOC: Ok I dont really mind too much, just letting you guys know. :)

EDIT: I suppose she could if her wings were big enough.