News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Tommy Makem and Liam Clancy, and Makem and Spain discussion

Started by Delthion, March 09, 2015, 04:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

The topic title says it all! I'll be posting more tomorrow.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Mhera

Delthion

"Let us go to the banks of the ocean!
Where the walls (something unintelligible.)
Long ago, I used to be a young man!
And dear remembers that for me!"

Good song!
Have you listened to "The Cocky Farmer" yet?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Delthion

Mhera

Quote from: Delthion on March 09, 2015, 03:48:14 PM
Have you listened to "The Cocky Farmer" yet?
Yes. And that one you just posted?

"So my song for you this evening,
it's not to make you sad"

Yeah, no I'm sad now. :'(

Delthion

"Nor for adding to the sorrows, of this troubled northern land!
But lately I've been thinking, and it just won't leave my mind.
To tell you of good friends one time, they were both good friends of mine!
There were roses! Roses! There were roses!
And the tears of the people, they ran together through this land!"

"Of drought and flood, I've lived through plenty!
But it's nearly over now! Now I'm easy."

I didn't realize that you had just listened to the Cocky Farmer otherwise I would not have posted There Were Roses.

But here's a more cheery song by the same person who sang There Were Roses:

Mhera

Quote from: Delthion on March 11, 2015, 03:26:02 AM
I didn't realize that you had just listened to the Cocky Farmer otherwise I would not have posted There Were Roses.
No, I actually listened to There Were Roses, then the Cocky Farmer after that. And then I listened to There Were Roses again with the volume really high. My sadness is not your fault.

That last song wasn't so cheery as it was warm. Very nice, thanks for posting it.

Delthion

You're welcome!

Now if you really want to be sad, listen to all three of these in succession. ;D

Delthion

Delthion

Mhera

Delthion

That's my favorite carefree song! That or I Wish I was Hunting. That's a good one. What do you thin about Sound the Pibroch?

Delthion

Well, I just got back from a Makem and Spain concert. Makem and Spain's Website. They were awesome! I got a picture with them, and an autographed CD! ;D ;D

Mhera

Quote from: Delthion on July 25, 2015, 03:57:44 AM
What do you thin about Sound the Pibroch?
Just saw this. I like it, though I unfortunately have no idea what event it's commemorating :P

And it definitely sounds like you had fun at the concert ;D

Delthion

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT EVENT IT'S COMMEMORATING?!!! (Sorry, the history buff inside me exploded. ;D ;D) It's commemorating the valiant stand of the Scottish against the Duke of Culloden and telling about the defeat of the Scottish. It was April 16 which was a Wednesday that year, I forget what year it was though.