6 (33.3%)
Dogs
4 (22.2%)
No preference
8 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Skyblade

This is a friendly debate topic. Just don't let things get too serious ^^

And don't forget to state why! The explanation is as important as the answer.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Luftwaffles

I'm fine with either one.

Dogs can be more enthusiastic and friendly but also FAR MORE annoying. If the police or an ambulance comes driving near my home at night, it is warranted that they would howl to them... like, nonstop.

My cat is really distant and has a cold temper, but he also likes to lick my hands and sit on my lap from time to time. Only problem... he is VERY aggressive towards almost everyone. I have been in situations in which I had to hide him on a room.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Rainshadow

CATS.

Need I say why?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Mhera

Dogs. Cats want to kill me (and I even rescued an abandoned kitten once! Seriously, you'd think they'd be more grateful).

LT Sandpaw

Hard choice but I say dogs, they actually care about you even when your not feeding them, I have cats who will love all over you when their hungry but otherwise couldn't care less that I existed. My dog however will die for me and that's something I can't ignore.

True story: At a campsite there was a bear problem and at one point a black bear came up to our tents early In the morning, While everyone ran to the cars yelling my dog runs out and confronts the bear hackles raised, it was really rather ridiculous because it could have killed her with a single swipe of its paws but it just turns around and walks away. She followed it for a little while barking and growling before coming back all smug. Dogs take my vote ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Mhera

Yeah. You wouldn't want to jump into a Spec Ops mission with a cat.

Jetthebinturong

Dogs
Mostly terrible coarse fur (with few exceptions)
Too excitable
Too big
Completely dependent on humanity
Devolved forms of what they once were
Cats
Independent
Only animal to domesticate themselves
Cuddly
Silky soft fur
Adorable
Could be self-sufficient
Lazy
Able to fit through any gap their head can fit through due to lack of collarbone
Inquisitive
Can detect cancer
More complex bone structure than dog
Cunning
Clever
Agile
Sense of smell three times better than a dog's
Sense of hearing WAY better than a dog's
Whiskers detect the electrical energy given off by living things
Perfect night vision

So yeah, cats are better

"Did brother Zachariah just steal our cat?"

Alec, Chairman Meow is not your pet, he is Magnus' cat, you have Church or something
Lila Zacharov and Church the immortal cat
Chairman Meow
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

LT Sandpaw

Ya, This guy probably wouldn't be as impressive with a cat.

This dog says bring it on cats.

The only way you can convince me cats are better are because Tigers are awesome!

James Gryphon

If you compare a small housecat to a large German shepherd, obviously the latter is going to look more intimidating. Pound for pound, though, cats are better armed than dogs, period. There are a lot of members of family felinae that have been associated with humans in times past, including cheetahs and leopards. The Egyptians in particular kept the former as pets. Needless to say, a cheetah could chow down on pretty much any dog that isn't some variant of mastiff, and no dog could even catch one to hurt it unless the cat was already injured, or else surprised (which is unlikely).
« Subject to editing »

Wylder Treejumper

CATS!!! They will rule the world someday... >:D
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Delthion

Quote from: Russa's statement that is perfect to sum up my belief.Cats..........yuck.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rainshadow

I was looking for some cool cat pictures to show you that cats are the superior species when I found this fantastic breed:

Norwegian Forest cats are beautiful.  I want ten.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Delthion

All are hideous...

Best dog breed:

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

I'm forced to agree, cats are the apex hunter

But dogs are still better in other ways!

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »