News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Dune Fans Unite!

Started by HeadInAnotherGalaxy, September 07, 2011, 10:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Anyone here a fan o' the Dune zeriez?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

Ne'er heard o' it. Care to elaborate what the 'Dunes' is?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

Interesting...nope, I'm not a fan! I'm outta here! *You see the black, bushy tail of Nightfire leaving the room at a rapid pace*
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

My dad's a fan. I've never read it, though...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ye zhould, there'z a great mix o' action, philozophy, politicz (ok zae ah lied a little. Zue me.), an' a lot o' other ztuff az well!

Me current zignature iz from it:

Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.
-Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Lily

I'm over halfway through, and I'm loving it so far. It's more than your average Sci-Fi, it's well thought out and even the political parts are interesting. I'm not usually one for politics, so for me to actually enjoy it is strange. I can't believe I've never read it before now!

HIAG, how do the movies compare? I want to watch them after I've finished the book.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah havenae watched the movie, but ah'd zuggest nay watchin' it. Dune iz one o' thoze ztoriez that'z better left az a book than made intae a movie. An' noticin' tha' ye zaid "them", let me juzt add tha' ah think there'z only one movie out.

Lily

I was talking about the 1984 movie and the 2000 miniseries, sorry. I am interested to see how it works as a movie. From what I've read, I don't see how they could make it work at all. There's so much going on that I don't think could be portrayed on screen.

Jukka the Sling

What an interesting thread... it's the oldest I was able to revive.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Izeroth

I've heard about Dune, but I've never read it.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Izeroth on April 02, 2015, 01:54:08 PM
I've heard about Dune, but I've never read it.

Ye zhould; tiz vone o' ze bezt zeriez o' any genre oot zere!