News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

A Thirst For Adventure

Started by ShrewsForever, March 24, 2015, 09:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

"My name is Onagen," he stated as he nodded politely. "I would not mind traveling with you, but I hope you can forgive me, for I have been following your group for a couple days now." He bowed to the female badger in respect for what she had endured. "Madam Skyre, it is good to be able to speak with you."

He turned back to Snap. "As you might tell, I'm aware of most of your names, including 'Nutt', the one called 'Marshall', as well as your goodself, Snap." He smiled awkwardly. "Sorry for being your creeping shadow."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

ShrewsForever

Snap nodded "I don't mind. Right- Onagen, our food is over there," She pointed to a sack leaning against a tree. "and we're leaving soon. But before we leave, we need to find Nutt. I don't see 'er anywhere." Snap frowned. Surely Nutt wouldn't just desert the group? Sure, she was a little.... odd, but she seemed trustworthy.

Faiyloe

After the vermin had left Grace had gone over to be with the others unsure of what to do. She felt rather embarrassed now that she had chickened out and hid on the other side of the river while the others where in danger.

When the vermin had run off Nut had followed them. Now she returned with a pack in one paw and sucking the knuckles of the other paw which looked like they had blood on them. It was unclear weather it was her own blood or someone else's.  She tossed the pack at Snaps feet and said.

"Them vermin are rather stupid. Here's more food,"
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Skyblade

Skyre was pleasantly surprised by the response. She bowed back, smiling at the ground. "A pleasure to speak with you, Onagen," she said, reciprocating the cougar's respect, "You are welcome in our group."

Onagen seemed like a kindred sprit - another beast who had seen the worst of battle more than once and understood. Not that the others probably hadn't, either. Skyre placed her sword in its sheath on her back and turned to Snap, "Nutt is gone? I hope she's okay. I'll ask the others about this."

Right as she had finished speaking, however, the said squirrel appeared, tossed the pack at Snap, and said, "Them vermin are rather stupid. Here's more food."

"That sounds good, well, for us," replied Skyre candidly, "We can always have more food, so thank you as always. My sympathy goes out to those vermin, though." She paused. I might be the only creature who actually feels sympathetic to vermin species. This just made her feel an extra pang in her heart.

Personally, the badger was a bit...not scared of Nutt - that was too extreme. Perhaps timid was a better word to describe her emotions about her, though Skyre tried not to show this as she didn't want to hurt Nutt's feelings or make herself look like a coward. She actually didn't hold any repulsive feelings towards the mad squirrel but instead regarded her as interesting and rather incredible.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Gonff the Mousethief

By this time, Marshall had crossed the river. He stood over by Skyre, listening to the cougar. Once he had finished,arshall went up to him and shook his paw.
"Nice 't meet ya Onagen! 'Levine t' 'r group!"
He stepped back and only hoped for the best as Nutt walked back licking off the blood. Oh that squirrel!

Acirema did not say a word throughout the whole encounter. The most she did was aim her crossbow at the vermin. She didn't want to say something wrong or mess up a moment.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

"Thank you," Onagen grunted in answer to both the fox and badger, starting to go toward the river. "Interesting hat," he said as he walked past Marshall.

The cougar went to the water's edge to take a drink; he had already eaten his breakfast that morning, so he didn't need anything but some water. Filling his canteen from his pack, he stood up to seek out Snap again.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall followed him as he look around for Snap.
"Aye, it's me ol' friend. The beastie had it commin' thu. Cracked his 'kull right in da middle! Vury soft fur he had! Heh, had right!"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Hickory

OOC: Is Skyre's sword like Zaran's?

BIC: Husk had observed the entire scene with barely a twitch of an eyelid. Vermin! He usually laughed at their antics. Rats were never good archers, he mused. Weasels were better suited to the job.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Fiver cringed slightly as the cougar approached, puffing out his chest the small mouse stepped towards the large cat ignoring his first instinct to run and run fast.

"Greeting sir Onagen." Fiver said with more confidence then he felt. "I am Fiver, er how are you doing today?" He asked awkwardly never the greatest at introductions. He hoped Onagen didn't growl or move quickly knowing his slight show of courage would immediately break. And that was hardly good for his image.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Aaron eyed Nutt and the pack dubiously, then turned away from the little group talking with Onagen. He started packing up his belongings. It wasn't much of a problem, considering the few things he owned were small.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

"I would guess so, but I think a cloak would be more appropriate than a hat," Onagen speculated in regards to Marshall's comment. He stopped when they came to Fiver, staring for a moment at the young mouse.

"I'm fine thank you, Fiver, though I must admit you seem a bit uncomfortable puffing your chest out like a proud robin." The cougar smiled reassuringly. "You can just call me Ona."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

The mouse's ears drooped, embarrassed Fiver nodded struggling to think of something worth saying.

"Yes er of course Onage-er I mean Ona." Realizing he was simply making things worse he moved along giving a hasty excuse. "Right got to uh fill my canteen."

Trotting over to where Marshall was the mouse shook his head feeling foolish. He dipped his canteen down into the water only to remember he had already filled it. With a resigned sigh he gave up and sat down waiting for the others to get ready to move out.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall watched as the Mouse filled up his already full container.
"Whats got y' nervous mate?"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

ShrewsForever

OOC: How tall is Ona compared to Snap?

BIC: Snap scoffed an apple and quickly shouldered her pack.  She raised the volume of her voice and said, "Is everyone ready to go?"
Snap had noticed that Nutt was back with supplies and bloodied knuckles, but chose not to comment. The mink scratched her head and scuffed the ground with her sandals; she was itching to leave after the vermin -wait, no, she despised the use of that word..- bandit attack.

The Skarzs

OOC: She'd come up to about his waist, as would most average-sized creatures. A male badger would be about his armpit.

BIC: Ona approached Snap. "I'm ready, but do we have any idea where we're going?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.