News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Who would triumph? New topic, not a copy.

Started by Nightfire, September 08, 2011, 10:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log-a-Log

As for Constance, Auma, and Bella, I would go with Constance. She seemed the most ferocious
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Captain Tammo

Sunflash vs. Orlando-------------------------------- Orlando
Constance vs. Auma vs. Bella----------------------- Bella
Felldoh vs. Ranguvar-------------------------------- Ranguvar
Rab vs. Rawnblade---------------------------------- forgot who they were
or...
young Mattimeo vs. Sam when he was silent------- Sam, if by young Mattimeo you mean when he was silent Sams age
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

James Gryphon

I think Sunflash takes Orlando, as far as skill goes, simply because of the experience factor -- whether he liked peace or not, the fact is that he spent many of his earlier seasons fighting vermin and conducting war against his arch-enemy Swartt Sixclaw. With Orlando, all we know is that his wife died, he spent many seasons raising Auma, he helped end Malkariss, and he eventually went to Salamandastron. I'm not sure his resume is quite as good as the badger who became known renowned as a folk hero, even before he became a Badger Lord.

As far as the three one-time badger mothers, I think Constance is the most aggressive and powerful of all of them -- she's easily the most imposing protagonist in either Redwall or Mattimeo, and she has numerous combat feats -- making and using the giant crossbow, lifting the massive table in Great Hall, and effortlessly killing Redtooth (and snapping his sword like a twig in the process). She was also a key figure in defending the Abbey against Ironbeak's invasion -- it was only after she was out of the way that the birds had the strength necessary to take Cavern Hole.

Felldoh versus that certain squirrel... Felldoh used weapons to great effect, he was considered a great close-range fighter, and he demonstrates some strategic skill in waging guerilla warfare against Marshank. As I think he has more clearly defined feats, and males of mammal species are usually stronger, I'd give this one to him.

Rawnblade is a massive, skilled Badger Lord, a descendant of Boar's line... he should be able to take down an otter captain.

Mattimeo and Sam are kind of ambiguous. If it's Mattimeo in Mattimeo versus Sam in Redwall, I believe Matti has a chance at winning, but if it's Mattimeo when he was the same age as Sam in Redwall, then Sam definitely wipes the floor with him -- this is the squirrel that helped come up with the hornet nest plan, after all; plus he carried a leveret dagger, and Mattimeo wouldn't be nearly as well armed.
« Subject to editing »

eualaia

captain rake nightfur vs leatho shellhound  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

me think rake nightfur would win
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Tiria Wildlough

Constance vs. Cregga-----------------------------Mutual Kill :-\

OH! and what about Tiria vs. Rab Streambattle?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Desert Dog

Tiria is a slinger(one of the best in redwall history, if not the best), distance fighting very few would be able to touch her. No weapons, or close, Rab'd win. Tiria has/had virtually no fighting experience.

Tiria vs Lonna Bowstripe would be more interesting, two of the best ranged fighters in Redwall. Tiria would need more of those metal stars to have a chance, though.

No mole love in this thread? How about Axtel Sturnclaw. I fear that he'd be a touch slow against a mouse/squirrel in the open, and sheer power wise he'd lose to one of *the* badgers, but in an enclosed tunnel/corridor, I have trouble seeing any of the mice/squirrels avoiding that hammer o' his.

Plugg Firetail

Rab definitely. He was surrounded by dozens of rats and fought his way through him and survive. I'm in agreement here with James. Tiria is a bit overated along with Ranguvar. She's said to be the best slingshot in the abby. She manages to kill a rat from a huge distance. She kills Riggu Felis effortlessly. She was good at everything.

With Ranguvar we know she was probably the best squrriel warrior in Redwall. I respect that. What I thought was overated was the fact that she was able to be struck with a whip two times without even being hurt. Then we regard her as a great warrior when we only hear her kill one beast.

Cheesethief

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 01, 2011, 10:14:49 PM
I think Sunflash takes Orlando, as far as skill goes, simply because of the experience factor -- whether he liked peace or not, the fact is that he spent many of his earlier seasons fighting vermin and conducting war against his arch-enemy Swartt Sixclaw. With Orlando, all we know is that his wife died, he spent many seasons raising Auma, he helped end Malkariss, and he eventually went to Salamandastron. I'm not sure his resume is quite as good as the badger who became known renowned as a folk hero, even before he became a Badger Lord.

As far as the three one-time badger mothers, I think Constance is the most aggressive and powerful of all of them -- she's easily the most imposing protagonist in either Redwall or Mattimeo, and she has numerous combat feats -- making and using the giant crossbow, lifting the massive table in Great Hall, and effortlessly killing Redtooth (and snapping his sword like a twig in the process). She was also a key figure in defending the Abbey against Ironbeak's invasion -- it was only after she was out of the way that the birds had the strength necessary to take Cavern Hole.

Felldoh versus that certain squirrel... Felldoh used weapons to great effect, he was considered a great close-range fighter, and he demonstrates some strategic skill in waging guerilla warfare against Marshank. As I think he has more clearly defined feats, and males of mammal species are usually stronger, I'd give this one to him.

Rawnblade is a massive, skilled Badger Lord, a descendant of Boar's line... he should be able to take down an otter captain.

Mattimeo and Sam are kind of ambiguous. If it's Mattimeo in Mattimeo versus Sam in Redwall, I believe Matti has a chance at winning, but if it's Mattimeo when he was the same age as Sam in Redwall, then Sam definitely wipes the floor with him -- this is the squirrel that helped come up with the hornet nest plan, after all; plus he carried a leveret dagger, and Mattimeo wouldn't be nearly as well armed.
yeah i agree with you on all counts but felldoh. I believe Ranguvar was more badger than spuirrel but then again the only real battle we see from them is when they have bloodwrath so icould be wron. btw i am 15lukep i just deleted that account so icould have a real name like cheesethief lol.

eualaia

wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Captain Tammo

I have a good one: captain twayblade vs. Major frunk, both are fairly important characters and we know much about each.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Nightfire

Quote from: Cheesethief on November 03, 2011, 10:09:43 PM
Quote from: James Gryphon on November 01, 2011, 10:14:49 PM

yeah i agree with you on all counts but felldoh. I believe Ranguvar was more badger than spuirrel but then again the only real battle we see from them is when they have bloodwrath so icould be wron. btw i am 15lukep i just deleted that account so icould have a real name like cheesethief lol.

Plus the fact that it took a sinking ship and a storm to take down Ranguvar, when Felldoh was killed by a horde of vermin. If that ship hadn't crashed, those vermin would never have been able to kill her.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Cheesethief

Quote from: Captain Tammo on November 05, 2011, 06:37:21 PM
I have a good one: captain twayblade vs. Major frunk, both are fairly important characters and we know much about each.
yeah, that's true. If we put Ranguvar in Felldoh's place she probably wouldnt have been killed and if the ship hadnt crashed, yeah, she probably would've won that, too.

Plugg Firetail

QuotePlus the fact that it took a sinking ship and a storm to take down Ranguvar, when Felldoh was killed by a horde of vermin. If that ship hadn't crashed, those vermin would never have been able to kill her.

But the fact is that Felldoh was ambushed. He could have killed more.

James Gryphon

It's important when we're rating characters to consider what we know about what they did, not just whether we like them or not.

Felldoh has what I call a quantified feat -- he killed twenty vermin in Badrang's horde, while fighting more. Ranguvar has what I call an unquantified feat -- she held off an unspecified number of corsairs that we never see actually fight anyone else, or at least, anyone else that's capable of fighting back.

I can say that she was a good character (even if I've gotten a bit tired of her), and I can say that she was a useful addition to the heroes, but I can't claim that she would do "better than Felldoh", because we have no clue what she actually accomplished, whereas with Felldoh, we have some solid evidence -- five vermin trackers ambushed and killed, and then twenty vermin killed in the ambush to take him down, are numbers you can hang your hat on.

I also would like to point out that Luke (who I think is strategically competent ) thought that defeating the vermin necessitated wrecking the ship, hence implying that he didn't believe that himself, Ranguvar and all of the other slaves combined would be able to take over the ship -- since if he did believe that, there's no reason why he would have done it, unless he had a death wish.
« Subject to editing »

Cheesethief

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 06, 2011, 07:20:55 PM
It's important when we're rating characters to consider what we know about what they did, not just whether we like them or not.

Felldoh has what I call a quantified feat -- he killed twenty vermin in Badrang's horde, while fighting more. Ranguvar has what I call an unquantified feat -- she held off an unspecified number of corsairs that we never see actually fight anyone else, or at least, anyone else that's capable of fighting back.

I can say that she was a good character (even if I've gotten a bit tired of her), and I can say that she was a useful addition to the heroes, but I can't claim that she would do "better than Felldoh", because we have no clue what she actually accomplished, whereas with Felldoh, we have some solid evidence -- five vermin trackers ambushed and killed, and then twenty vermin killed in the ambush to take him down, are numbers you can hang your hat on.

I also would like to point out that Luke (who I think is strategically competent ) thought that defeating the vermin necessitated wrecking the ship, hence implying that he didn't believe that himself, Ranguvar and all of the other slaves combined would be able to take over the ship -- since if he did believe that, there's no reason why he would have done it, unless he had a death wish.
Yeah i guess but from what we saw of Ranguvar shows that she was extremely strong and hard to take down, but yeah it is a pretty tough one to call, maybe felldoh would win.