News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Abuse our new ranks...

Started by Hickory, April 05, 2015, 06:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

I'd love to be able to have the ranks vary depending on the user's gender, to allow for things like that, but they don't. I don't even know if there's a SMF mod for that.

I can say a few things about the ranks -- for the most part, we tried to keep them:
1) related to the Abbey's normal business
2) so that they don't imply ultimate authority at something (so Cellarbeast, not necessarily Cellarmaster)
3) with one exception, gender and species-neutral
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

Ah I see so were looking for something like Herbalist or Infirmary Keeper.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jukka the Sling

Based on number three, I think one of the ranks is Badgermum.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 07, 2015, 12:47:19 AM
Based on number three, I think one of the ranks is Badgermum.

I would think it might be Resident Badger. Badgermum is too specific.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jukka the Sling

Yeah, but:

Quote from: James Gryphon on April 07, 2015, 12:40:46 AM
3) with one exception, gender and species-neutral
So Badgermum is the one exception.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on April 06, 2015, 04:13:23 AM
But what if Rain is the first to 10000? There are female warriors, and it seems more iconic.

What am I, chopped liver? I'm a Recorder too, y'know. *Starts writing on your forehead*

Søren

Rain was the frist to come to mind Corn. You, her and Danflor are the only ones.

I'm retired from the forum

Russa Nodrey

*Rings the bell* *Rings the bell* *Rings the bell again* *Rings the bell some more*
Freddy

Rainshadow

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on April 07, 2015, 04:17:34 PM
Rain was the frist to come to mind Corn. You, her and Danflor are the only ones.

I feel like Hana-chan will probably be the first to ten thousand, 'cause I rarely post in any boards that count posts.  The only one I really post in is the Fan Works section, and that's only for my art thread and then commenting on other art threads.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Banya

*puts padding inside the bells so Russa's efforts make no noise*
*no one comes to dinner*