News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

A Highland History

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, April 24, 2015, 11:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

There I stood, looking out. Vast was the kingdom of Bowlaynee, but greater was my thirst for adventure. The next step I took, there was no going back. Through the ranges I would travel, just to rid myself of this place. Oh, excited I am!

And with that, the young Rabbit jumped from the tree on which he sat, onto the soft grass of the moor. The adventure! The excitement! The ways of the Highlands! Off he went, hood covering his fave and bandages on his paws. First stop, create allies to cover his back. Bunnclar Camont was as ready as he would ever be.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Do you have any preference too how I come in?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Not really. You can just meet up with him or be in a town or something.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Hickory

Muyhi strode along the path, fingering his leather bound sword hilt. As he glanced up at the sun, he noticed Bunnclar jumping down. He yelled up, "Who goes there? Show yerself!"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

Laird MacAngus was flying back to his village after a meeting with the King when he noticed the two beasts. "Who goes there in the realm of the Lairds of the Highlands? Answer me or die!" he called out, now circling the two from above.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

LT Sandpaw

Two creatures sat alone in a small woodland clearing. Anybeast that came upon them at the moment would have fled holding their nose. The two were covered from ear to tail in thick black mud.

The elder of the two a squirrel still in his youth scrapped mud from his bedraggled tail grumpily. "This is your fault you know." He accused his companion, a small hare. The hare in question Swiftpaw put on a look of innocence. He was cleaning mud from a tough sling which like the rest of them was covered in the smelly filth.

"Your idea to trust them frogs, we nearly died in that swamp, and not only that but we lost our supplies as well." Falmish the squirrel muttered. Swiftpaw shrugged and continued cleaning his sling.

Gonff the Mousethief

The rabbit stopped and took of his hood, using his deep eyes to look into his questioner.
"What mush y' want?" He said in a sly, rasp voice.
Suddenly, he heard another yell from above. He held his dagger up flashing it in the sun signaling the bird to come down.
Under his breath he murmured, "Oh, great times eh."
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Hickory

Muyhi grinned up at Bunnclar. "Wotcha doin' up that high, eh?"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

Noticing the dagger summoning him to the ground, MacAngus called out. "Nae one summons a Laird withnae good reason! Ye best have something' tae tell me when I get down on the ground." with this, he came down and perched in the tree Bunnclar was in.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Gonff the Mousethief

Bunnclar looked down at both of the beasts.
"Weel now, me first toime uf and lookee 'ere! Any who, me name is Bunnclar Camont, heir to the kengdom o' Bowlaynee. Now, who you t' be eh?"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Delthion

Scott MacPhearson was a rover, he often thought to himself as he went along his way, Never was there such a grand rover! I've survived both fires and floods! Droughts I've also lived through plenty! He was walking through the forests that day, when he saw a falcon soar ahead and cry out to somebeast on the path ahead. He rushed forward and hid behind a felled tree watching the hare though he could not see the falcon.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

"And ah'm Laird MacAngus, wee hare." he said, not noticing the rover.

LT Sandpaw

The two wanderers soon found themselves on the moors boarding the forest they had just left. Hungry, filthy and rather dispirited. They soon discovered the moor was the perfect place for Swiftpaw and rather undesirable to Falmish. The squirrel hated being out of the cover of trees while the hare enjoyed the large open spaces. They put up a constant argument which would have seemed strange to any that did not know them.

"This wind never stops flopears, we'll be blown to death."

"Don't give me that look tis miserable up here"

"How about I leave you alone eh?" Falmish was working himself into a grand temper seemingly arguing with himself when his companion made a quick jab with his paw then a swift slice. They both dropped to the ground. Rising slightly Falmish scanned he horizon for a brief moment before he spotted what Swifteye had already seen.

"I see three no there's a bird in the tree make that four." Falmish said, the mud from their previous escapade helped blend them in well with the tall grass. Slowly driving by curiosity they advanced on the little group.

Stonestripe

Vaschel Coyhound leaned back in the standing tree that was hollowed out at the bottom. He had woke to the sound of arguing near by. Checking to see he was still near invisible there in the tree he relaxed smirking at the two mudballs arguing in the grass. He cast a weary glance in the direction of the bird circling in the distance and hoped that there might be a fight so he could claim some treasure from the loser.

After being sent off from his clan to find his own way he had searched high and low for and riches to con or steal but not many on the highlands had much. A snarl appeared on his face resenting his father and clan for casting him out, one day he would return and take what was rightfully his. His mind wandered back to the other beast about and with one last check to be sure he was hidden he laid back and started to doze again.
"Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords"

Gonff the Mousethief

"Wee Hare eh? Weel, Mista Mac'gus, I here am a rubbit! If y' need t' insoolt, do it bally correcteley!"
Bunnclar was scanning the area when he noticed the two mud-coated animals in the taller grass. With that, he threw one of his smaller knives, landing right in front of the pair. A smile spread across his cheeky face.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.