News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Forum Elections: The Cellars

Started by Banya, May 29, 2015, 11:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whom do you wish to be President of the Cellars?

Soren the Warrior (Celler Dweller Party)
Skarzs the Cave Troll (Trollitarian Party)
Jet the Binturong (Green Party)
Izeroth the Totalitarian (Totalitarian Party)

Banya

Thank you, Campaign Manager Mhera.  It was easily overlooked, as the Binturong had not been made an official candidate at the time, but that does not make his answer of any less importance.

To recapitulate, here again is the original question and the responses by each candidate:

Quote from: James Gryphon on May 29, 2015, 11:04:17 PM
How do you feel about attempting to undermine the authority structure of the forums and running for a position in an illegitimate government?
Quote from: Jetthebinturong on May 29, 2015, 11:06:28 PM
That would be wonderful as it would benefit Isfet and upset the balance of Ma'at greatly. That would be fun.
Quote from: The Skarzs on May 30, 2015, 03:23:59 AM
I would not attempt such an action, as the toppling of power is nearly always more destructive than helpful.
Instead, a better idea would be to influence them greatly with mind-control to gradually change things for the better.
Quote from: Soren the Warrior on May 30, 2015, 05:08:04 AM
I don't think of myself as running for a position to undermine any authority granted to the moderation staff, whom I have great respect for. I'm not trying to become a dictator or a supreme ruler. The position of Celler President would be bestowed only on those who are respected in our community, not to take over, but to enhance. Enhance the same fun and wonder that exists within the Cellars already. If elected, my goal would be to build upon what the excellent staff has already done.
Quote from: Izeroth on May 30, 2015, 05:21:42 AM
Unless authority can be completely and utterly enforced, it is nothing but a subjective concept. Therefore, I consider the current forum's authority structure to be just that. The current ruling party of this forum has some degree of power, but, as seen by the chaos that has arisen with the Guest War, it is ultimately unable to demand complete authority and respect from its citizens.

My answer to the latter question is much the same: unless there is universal recognition of a government as being illegitimate, its illegitimacy is merely subjective.

The candidates may now make their rebuttal speeches.  Note that they are allowed to repeat any points already made, add to their earlier answers, criticize their opponents' arguments, or any combination of those.

*bangs gavel*

Lady Ashenwyte

I'd like to be Jet's campaign manager.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Lady Ashenwyte

The DDB Council is watching these developments with interest.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

The Skarzs

To Jet: Isfet? Ma'at? Do we want a foreign power enforcing his strange ideas of his immortal freindemies in this establishment? Ladies and gentlemen, we are looking at a person who appears to have personality disorder; perhaps further tests can be made, but as a psychologist I feel it is my duty to warn you of potential danger.

To Soren: Such lukewarmness can be harmful. You are trying to tempt people into voting for you by saying what they want to hear [much like the politicians of the real world. . .], but we all know you would simply turn this place into a land of useless fun and games.

To Izeroth: Ah, another extreme. Chaos will be present whether or not one wants it to, and no amount of dystopian enforcement will change that. Forceful respect is not respect; it is fear, tyranny. Leading by example shall be the best of policies.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Ma'at and Isfet are concepts, not beings. Ma'at, as I understand it, is the Egyptian word for the natural order of the universe. The opposing force of Ma'at is Isfet, or chaos, the force that attempts to destroy reality with its mere existence.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 30, 2015, 04:30:08 PM
To Jet: Isfet? Ma'at? Do we want a foreign power enforcing his strange ideas of his immortal freindemies in this establishment?

Yes we do.

Jetthebinturong

Also, I'd like clarification on what the Torte is saying. Both he and Faiyloe have conceded that I actually do the things I speak off. Also, what frienemies? You mean Tyrull? Because he is by no means a frienemy, he's just an enemy, full stop.

The Skarzs

For clarification on what HE is saying, that's a "being" stuck inside his head.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

I request to the moderator that my candidates title be changed, to Skarzs the Cave Troll, Torte is just a pet name.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Luftwaffles

Is Jet an official candidate now?
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Hickory

Excuse me.

All candidates are nereby banned from viewing the Cellar Council thread as sensitive information will be posted there. That is all.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Riiiight. . . Like that is really going to happen. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 30, 2015, 04:52:19 PM
For clarification on what HE is saying, that's a "being" stuck inside his head.

And what is strange about that? What implications could that have for me being ruler of the universe president of the Cellars? It's quite obvious that it's not a split-personality because I keep him in control and I'm still there while he speaks. You need to become a better psychologist. Also we were once entirely separate entities and I'm searching for a way to transfer him to something else.