News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Forum Elections: The Cellars

Started by Banya, May 29, 2015, 11:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whom do you wish to be President of the Cellars?

Soren the Warrior (Celler Dweller Party)
Skarzs the Cave Troll (Trollitarian Party)
Jet the Binturong (Green Party)
Izeroth the Totalitarian (Totalitarian Party)

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: The Skarzs on June 02, 2015, 04:55:47 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on June 02, 2015, 04:33:21 PM
      Okay, I've got a question for the organizer, if this was supposed to be just between Skarz and Soren, how did Jet and Izzy get involved?
They were nominated to run since the first page. :P

I was making reference to the fact that the OP still says it's between you two.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Faiyloe

Quote from: Faiyloe on June 02, 2015, 03:27:57 AM
I am perfectly sane when I want to be.

Have I ever told you you're a terrible liar?  ::)

The key term in that statement was when I want to be, I just hardly ever want to be. I do have some perfect examples of my sanity however, Like reforming the Insane Asylum.  Besides I wasn't lying, I believed 100% in what I said, I lie would imply that I did not believe that what i said was true.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Søren

The Cellar Dweller Party has prepared a rebuttal.

@Skarzs
While I enjoy chocolate as much as anyone else, I'm not sure it's a legitimate reason to run for Cellar President. In addition, you had before stated that you would change the Cellars by mind control. Now you say leading by example. There seems to be some confusion on your methods, if you've even decided on them yet.

@Izeroth
How can they be "our threads" if we don't have the freedom of expression we currently enjoy? This "newfound purpose" sounds more like an excuse for unwarranted dictatorship. The Cellars deserve freedom.

@Jet
While it's true the Cellars aren't broken, criminal activities shouldn't be allowed to go on. The peace and joy that we currently enjoy should never be undermined by the corruption that inappropriate actions can result in.

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

Ok, thanks for kindly responding to our questions, Mr. Izeroth. Mr. Soren, how do you plan to  reform the Cellar should you be elected?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on June 02, 2015, 08:36:44 PM
@Jet
While it's true the Cellars aren't broken, criminal activities shouldn't be allowed to go on. The peace and joy that we currently enjoy should never be undermined by the corruption that inappropriate actions can result in.

What criminal activities?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

@Skarzs
While I enjoy chocolate as much as anyone else, I'm not sure it's a legitimate reason to run for Cellar President. In addition, you had before stated that you would change the Cellars by mind control. Now you say leading by example. There seems to be some confusion on your methods, if you've even decided on them yet.
Quote from: The Skarzs on June 02, 2015, 01:50:10 AM
And I didn't really have a real answer for the first part, so I just put chocolate because I have as much chance of winning this election as you.
As for your second question, I had also said that the controlled ones shall help be my examples; I didn't say I would control everyone, just certain people to help promote better ideals.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Banya

*bangs gavel for order*
The debate moderator has returned after handling urgent political affairs and once again is seated.  She apologizes for any inconveniences caused.  
I was surprised to see that election involvement has increased rapidly over the last several days.  I was pleased to see that the candidates have managed to provide official rebuttals in addition to their many media contributions.  I was disappointed to find that concerns that should be taken to the Forum Election Chat Topic or the Insane Asylum have been manifested throughout the official debate.  Please refrain from allowing such disturbances in the future.  We will press on.

The candidates have provided rebuttals.  To examine and compare their rebuttals, please read on.  To review the original question and their responses, I direct you here and here.
Please note that listed here are first rebuttals only.  Second and, in some cases, third rebuttals were made beyond those copied here.  I encourage all citizens to read through pages 7 and 8 of this thread for the full rebuttal debate.

Quote from: Izeroth on June 01, 2015, 11:49:46 PM
To Skarzs:  If your main motivation in running is candy, how can we trust you to take the job seriously? As for the "leading by example" part.. I think the would could do without more squishing.

To Jet: Your choice of "boredom" as your main motivation makes me think that, were you elected, you would spend most of your presidency doing entirely meaningless, ephemeral things.

To Soren: The very fact that you were nominated by an insane/rabid squirrel makes me apprehensive. You claim to want to unify the Cellars, and yet you would encourage disorderly topics that promote chaos! You know as well as I that, without proper enforcement of order, even seemingly harmless topics can become chaotic.

Quote from: The Skarzs on June 02, 2015, 01:50:10 AM
To Skarzs:  If your main motivation in running is candy, how can we trust you to take the job seriously? As for the "leading by example" part.. I think the would could do without more squishing.
Most people survive the squishing, if you haven't noticed. And I didn't really have a real answer for the first part, so I just put chocolate because I have as much chance of winning this election as you.

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on June 02, 2015, 08:31:19 AM
To Jet: Your choice of "boredom" as your main motivation makes me think that, were you elected, you would spend most of your presidency doing entirely meaningless, ephemeral things.

And are we to trust you, sir Izeroth? The stoat who has always wanted to rule with an iron fist since he joined the forum? (It is stoat, right?) Who gladly called his own empire evil? Who wishes to control the threads of his subjects?

See, I just want to rule. Izeroth wants to be the totalitarian ruler who controls what you post. He has already suggested clearing the ask threads and interfering in the Insane Asylum which is an organisation not beholden to any government.

Also, boredom is my primary motivation but this is also a good way to distract oneself from day-to-day woes.

The Cellar Dweller Party has prepared a rebuttal.

@Skarzs

@Izeroth
How can they be "our threads" if we don't have the freedom of expression we currently enjoy? This "newfound purpose" sounds more like an excuse for unwarranted dictatorship. The Cellars deserve freedom.

@Jet

A question from a citizen to the Debate Moderator:
      Okay, I've got a question for the organizer, if this was supposed to be just between Skarz and Soren, how did Jet and Izzy get involved?
A wonderful question; thank you, Mr. Reguba II.  Jet and Izeroth nominated themselves before the candidate bids closed; it was only right to allow them to participate.  For further clarification, I will direct you here.  I felt this post was sufficient to inform the citizens of the changes, and I chose not to alter Post. No. 1 (the OP).  Their involvement became official when it was agreed upon by other parties, as seen here.

We now have a question from a concerned citizen.  Mr. Bonaparte is a historian and our foremost authority on events and players of past political processes.  As such, his contributions are invaluable.  His question:

Quote from: Blaggut on June 01, 2015, 02:31:36 AM
How do you feel about the growing problem in our community - Ask Topics?

Irrespective of any similarities to questions by the media, this is an official election debate question.  To quote the question from its original source, please follow this link.  
The candidates may now answer.  
*bangs gavel*

Søren

I think that the Ask Topics are a wonderful way for us all the express ourselves and the get to know each other in our own way. The creativity and humor that exists in them is iconic of what makes the entire forum, not just the Cellars, a wonderful example of people coming together and making something great.

I'm retired from the forum

Jetthebinturong

I honestly do not see a problem. The ask threads are a way of getting to know each other. Honestly, what else is there in the Secret Hideouts board?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Izeroth

While they can get a little out of hand, I don't consider ask topics nearly as damaging as threads like the Insane Asylum.

The Skarzs

It's the inmates who have caused the issues in the asylum, and they are being dealt with.

As to the question, I think I answered something similar before. Yes, here it is:
Quote from: The Skarzs on June 01, 2015, 03:05:11 PM
I'm rather annoyed at the massive resurgence of the threads, since before it was only a few people who did it. As for dealing with it, it is difficult to stop what is already there set in stone, and with all the members who started their own topics, none of them will be all that willing to give them up. I fear they shall have to stay.
I'm rather annoyed by the amount of them, but they're pretty harmless.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Miss Banya, is the media free to question the candidates further now?

Banya

To recapitulate, here again are the original question and the responses by each candidate:

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on June 02, 2015, 09:23:51 PM
I think that the Ask Topics are a wonderful way for us all the express ourselves and the get to know each other in our own way. The creativity and humor that exists in them is iconic of what makes the entire forum, not just the Cellars, a wonderful example of people coming together and making something great.
Quote from: Jetthebinturong on June 02, 2015, 09:57:10 PM

I honestly do not see a problem. The ask threads are a way of getting to know each other. Honestly, what else is there in the Secret Hideouts board?
Quote from: Izeroth on June 02, 2015, 10:02:44 PM

While they can get a little out of hand, I don't consider ask topics nearly as damaging as threads like the Insane Asylum.
Quote from: The Skarzs on June 02, 2015, 10:33:23 PM
It's the inmates who have caused the issues in the asylum, and they are being dealt with.

As to the question, I think I answered something similar before. Yes, here it is:
Quote from: The Skarzs on June 01, 2015, 03:05:11 PM
I'm rather annoyed at the massive resurgence of the threads, since before it was only a few people who did it. As for dealing with it, it is difficult to stop what is already there set in stone, and with all the members who started their own topics, none of them will be all that willing to give them up. I fear they shall have to stay.
I'm rather annoyed by the amount of them, but they're pretty harmless.

A question to the debate moderator:
Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on June 02, 2015, 11:03:16 PM
Miss Banya, is the media free to question the candidates further now?
Thank you for asking, Mr. Tip.  The media is free to ask the candidates for their stances, opinions, proposals, and plans at any time.  I only ask that it does not distract the candidates from answering official debate questions and providing rebuttals.  This message is meant as much for the candidates as for reporters and journalists.  Please, continue your work.

The candidates may now make their rebuttal speeches.  Note that they are allowed to repeat any points already made, add to their earlier answers, criticize their opponents' arguments, or any combination of those.

*bangs gavel*

Hickory

And now for a commercial break before our next round of questioning.

----------------------------------------------------

[A smouldering ruin is shown, abandoned and neglected.]

For years, chaos and disorder have plagued the Cellars. Countless threads have perished.... or suffered a fate worse than death.

The Totalitarian party will bring order to the Cellars, drive out the hordes of guests, and establish a central base of power for the benefit of all members. We can only do this, however, with your support.

Support the greater good of the forums, and vote for Izeroth.

(I, Izeroth, support this message.)

----------------------------------------------
And back to our interview! Mr. Binturog, what's your opinion on the Olden Inn? Seveeral weeks or maybe even months ago in was temporarily shut down due ot inactivity and possible illicit activities, but it's obviously a good place to advertise and convert into an impromptu HQ. Do you plan to make use of it or "revive" it should you be elected?

Lady Ashenwyte

*Shatters the TV* Well, I used frequent the Olden Inn, and to bring it back would be.....ah, excellent.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.