News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Forum Elections: The Cellars

Started by Banya, May 29, 2015, 11:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whom do you wish to be President of the Cellars?

Soren the Warrior (Celler Dweller Party)
Skarzs the Cave Troll (Trollitarian Party)
Jet the Binturong (Green Party)
Izeroth the Totalitarian (Totalitarian Party)

The Skarzs

I'm rather annoyed at the massive resurgence of the threads, since before it was only a few people who did it. As for dealing with it, it is difficult to stop what is already there set in stone, and with all the members who started their own topics, none of them will be all that willing to give them up. I fear they shall have to stay.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on June 01, 2015, 03:54:50 AM
Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on May 31, 2015, 11:39:38 PM
-ON AIR-

Hello, I'm Sage Tip here reporting on the recent Cellar Elections. Here we have candidate Soren, of the Cellar Dwellars party. Mr. Soren, how do you plan to resolve events regarding the Guest/DDB/Member war?
Well, the DDBs are a huge issue. We all know their destructive power, and their general hate for all of us. While the guests and members are both ridiculed and attacked by them, the DDBs are slowly reaching into the very heart of the Cellers, waiting to strike. The guests and the members could even band together to end the DDBs. But the DDB's reign of terror must end.
Quote from: Skyblade on June 01, 2015, 01:26:31 AM
What is your motivation to run for President of the Cellars?
Well, I was initially nominated by Faiyloe. I have always wanted to improve the Cellars, even before I was nominated. But when I was, I thought that I could take the lead into making the Cellars an even better place then it already is. That's what the Cellar Dwellers are trying to accomplish.
What do you plan to do if elected?
The Cellars are at their best when we are together in something, when we're united. I'm ready to get more things such as that, (this electron, the Forum Prom, all of those) started here. When we work together, we're at our best. Our expressing ourselves, getting to know each other more and being able to talk here with our good friends, that's what makes the Cellars great.

To clarify, the candidates cannot answer the other questions until all candidates have answered?

I did not nominate you!
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Hickory

Thank you, Mr. Skarz. The third candidate is Mr. Jet Binturog. Mr. Binturog, what do you plan to do to the cellars should you be elected?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

I plan to let my political position serve as a front for my criminal activities. I would keep the Cellars as they are rather than fix something that isn't broken.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

Excellent. On to our last candidate, Mr. Ize Roth. Mr. Roth, what position do you take regarding the DDB allaince, and do you plan to do anything about it should you be elected?

Izeroth

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on June 01, 2015, 05:32:13 PM
Excellent. On to our last candidate, Mr. Ize Roth. Mr. Roth, what position do you take regarding the DDB allaince, and do you plan to do anything about it should you be elected?

Izeroth. That's one word, and don't forget it.

Regarding the DDB alliance, I have a neutral stance. They have done nothing so far to incur my wrath, but I remain cautious of their motives.

Hickory

Alright. I'm Sage Tip, Cellar Reporter for the FNN, signing out.

Banya

I would like to remind the candidates that we are waiting upon two responses to Madam Blade's questions.  To review and quote the original questions, please follow this link.  Once Mr. Izeroth and Mr. Binturong have answered her questions, all four candidates will be permitted to provide rebuttals.

Jetthebinturong

I've essentially already answered as Sage's question was basically the same. As for my motivation: boredom.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

Banya

I feel it necessary to give advance notice to the candidates and citizens of the forum.  I will be absent on official political business for the next 20 hours.  I briefly considered finding a replacement, but I ultimately decided that the debate will continue on its own.  Below can be found Madam Blade's original questions and three of our four candidates' responses.

Thank you, ma'am. I would like to address all four candidates. These are classic and straightforward questions, but essential.

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on June 01, 2015, 03:54:50 AM
Well, I was initially nominated by Faiyloe. I have always wanted to improve the Cellars, even before I was nominated. But when I was, I thought that I could take the lead into making the Cellars an even better place then it already is. That's what the Cellar Dwellers are trying to accomplish.
The Cellars are at their best when we are together in something, when we're united. I'm ready to get more things such as that, (this electron, the Forum Prom, all of those) started here. When we work together, we're at our best. Our expressing ourselves, getting to know each other more and being able to talk here with our good friends, that's what makes the Cellars great.

Quote from: The Skarzs on June 01, 2015, 05:50:50 AM
Chocolate.

Reward everyone with cake, cookies, and milk, make sure people just keep on being awesome and crazy, but also improve things by leading with example. (My mom has said the world would benefit if there were more people like me. ;D)

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on June 01, 2015, 08:56:03 PM
I've essentially already answered as Sage's question was basically the same. As for my motivation: boredom.

Izeroth the Totalitarian has yet to provide a response to Madam Blade's questions, or he may acknowledge her questions and decline to answer.  After midnight tonight, Forum Standard Time, he forfeits his chance to answer, as 0:00 FST will be 24 hours after Madam Blade presented her questions for consideration.  To review the legality of this statement, please refer to Post No. 1.

Rebuttals will take place either after Izeroth posts, or at midnight Forum Standard Time, whichever occurs first.  I trust that the candidates will be able to take it upon themselves to provide their rebuttals.  My wish is that the media does their best to keep from distracting candidates from citizens' questions in the future.
To all: Good night, and good luck.

Izeroth

Thank you, ma'am. I would like to address all four candidates. These are classic and straightforward questions, but essential.

My motivation to run for President of the Cellars is simple: order. For far too long, these venerable Cellars have lain in a chaotic and disorderly state, bereft of any reason or logic. A strong leader is needed to bring the order back, lest it forever vanish into oblivion.

I plan to give the Cellars a newfound sense of purpose. I will resolve the long-standing guest conflicts, establish clear rules and regulations for our threads, and restore the ruins of our glorious past.

Banya

Excellent.  As all four candidates have spoken, they may now make their rebuttal speeches.  Note that they are allowed to repeat any points already made, add to their earlier answers, criticize their opponents' arguments, or any combination of those.

*bangs gavel*

Hickory

(so is the questioning temporarily over?)

Banya

No; the debate moderator has no control over the media's involvement, but if the media does distract candidates from answering official questions once again I will be moved to call security.  The candidates may use the next 20 hours to provide rebuttals and answer questions from reporters and journalists.  Thank you for asking, Mr. Tip.