News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What is your favorite book

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 11, 2011, 05:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailears

Very hard - it would be easier to list the few books I don't like as much as the others - Mattimeo (annoying characters), Salamandastron (a bit nondescript with the plot) and... I'm going to blaspheme here... Redwall (because it doesn't "fit in" with the rest of the series).

If I had to list a favourite book it would most likely be The Bellmaker.
Sure I think the villain is a bit poor, and none of the characters individually stand out compared to some others in the series. However overall it is a fantastic book, short and sweet.
My ears, how are you, wot!

Ferrousferret

I'll go ahead & try to list best to worst:

1) The Sable Quean
2) Marlfox
3) Loamhedge
4) Pearls of Lutra
5) Rakkety Tam
6) Eulalia
7) Doomwyte
8) Mariel of Redwall
9) Martin the Warrior
10) The Long Patrol
11) Lord Brocktree
12) The Rogue Crew
13) Legend of Luke
14) The Bellmaker
15) Mattimeo
16) Salamandastron
17) Redwall
18) Outcast of Redwall
19) Triss
20) Mossflower
21) Taggerung
22) High Rhulain

PS- only those last two I consider bad. The rest are fine. I just had to organize them somehow. The top 5 I consider amazing.

brookeloveslotr

My favorite Redwall books:
Mossflower
Martin the Warrior
High Rhulain
Triss
Marlfox

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Russano the Wise

Right now I'm re-reading the Redwall series in chronological order after a long time of not reading any of the books. So far in my re-read (I'm currently at Outcast of Redwall) The Legend of Luke has been my favorite. I also really love Mossflower. From what I remember of the other books I really enjoyed Triss, High Rhulain and Mattimeo. I liked all of the Redwall books but those are the main ones that stick out to me right now.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Russano the Wise on July 28, 2013, 12:26:52 AM
Right now I'm re-reading the Redwall series in chronological order after a long time of not reading any of the books. So far in my re-read (I'm currently at Outcast of Redwall) The Legend of Luke has been my favorite. I also really love Mossflower. From what I remember of the other books I really enjoyed Triss, High Rhulain and Mattimeo. I liked all of the Redwall books but those are the main ones that stick out to me right now.
Triss and High Rhulain are some of my favorites too! (Along with Doomwyte.)

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Blazemane

I have ones that I noticeably like less than others, but I do like them less than the others. There isn't really any book in the series that I dislike.

However, my favorites, would probably be

1.) Lord Brocktree

and then 2.) - 5.)/6.) in no order I've been able to decide on yet:

Taggerung
Triss
Rakkety Tam

Maybe... The Long Patrol and The Legend of Luke

I feel like I need to get back to re-reading a lot of the other ones. I've been finding that, in the books I have read recently, I'm picking up on things I hadn't really noticed before. So maybe this list would be a lot different if I got back into some of the other books in the series.

Mariel

Look at my username, do you know now? ;)

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Mariel on July 31, 2013, 11:14:36 PM
I don't suppose it has anything to do with...Mariel of Redwall?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on August 01, 2013, 07:21:23 PM
Quote from: Mariel on July 31, 2013, 11:14:36 PM
I don't suppose it has anything to do with...Mariel of Redwall?
Probably does ;D

Life is too short to rush through it.

Vilu Daskar

My top 5 are
1 The Long Patrol
2 The Bellmaker
3 The Legend of Luke
4 The Rouge Crew
5 High Rhulain

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Banya Streamdog

My top favorite books are The Sable Quean, Eulaila, Rakkety Tam, and Lord Brocktree. But I think of all those probably Rakkety Tam!
EEEE AYE EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

rachel25

My favourite Redwall book is Taggerung and always will be  :) I do like the first three books in the series which are Martin the Warroir, Mossflower, and Legend of Luke.  ;D but Bellmaker is an amazing book too

naima

so far, by far my favourite book is marlfox. i think i'm currently reading my 9th, but none have come close to marlfox as of yet, i think perhaps because of something that happened to me while i was getting started reading it;

on the evening i started it, i had a boyfriend coming over to cook me dinner. he was going shopping and then coming back to my place, and i'd finished all my work very early, so i started my first redwall book. something like 50-60 pages in, the redwall abbeyers start discussing this year's strawberry harvest and all of the wonderful things they're planning on doing with it.

so... boyfriend turns up; shopping bags in hand with lots of marvelous things inside and says "heeyy!!! i'm gonna cook you this, this and this..." ... i just reply "no no! i really want a trifle. right now! let's go to the shops and buy a massive one. we'll share it."

he replies with a spectacularly stern "no. you need some proper food." ... after which i bought a trifle and ate it all myself.

so that's why i like marlfox
it was the strangest thing today
i studied footprints in abandoned pathways
'neath forgotten undergrowth something stirring again
you were a single red blood cell and I lost you in this knot of capillaries
but you were bringing me oxygen when I needed it most in the smoke

(frank turner)

Sailears

^Hehe, reading those feasts on an empty stomach is nothing short of torture.
My ears, how are you, wot!