News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Works of Art

Started by Skyblade, June 28, 2015, 05:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

I ran this through the search tool and didn't find anything, but let me know if this is a duplicate. This is a thread for posting works of art (duh) that you like.

I particularly like the paintings by Rob Gonsalves. They tend to have optical illusions, are open to interpretation, and are absolutely fascinating. My current profile picture, titled The Phenomenon of Floating is actually one of them:

Here are a few more of my favorites.

The Sun Sets Sail
[close]
The Performer
[close]
Pulling Strings
[close]

But remember that art is not always drawings and paintings. Music, dance, theatre, cooking, writing... and more things people enjoy are art.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Gonff the Mousethief

Those are really neat and have a cool sort of wonder in them. I will post some of my favorites in a little while.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Luftwaffles

"Tarboy" is not only a work of art, but also an act of love. I just ADORE the kind of passion that went into the making of this thing, and it is really obvious to the viewer that the people involved in the development of this thing were completely into it (it also helps a lot that both the animator and the girl who made music were a couple... as I said, a true act of love).

BTW: There's some minor swearing on the video.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Skyblade

I really like the modern day composer Sean Patrick Hannifin. On Youtube, he is called WizardWalk. Here's just a few of his many works I enjoy, with cool animated instrumentation. They are amazing, just really amazing. I don't know how he does these things! I can listen to his music for hours; I really hope he gets even bigger in the future :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Skarzs

This is a beautiful piece of work, and I would love to own it.

When I saw this I was like "Whaaaaat?!" It's beautiful work, and if I ever get this good I will be surprised. (Met the guy who made this.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Luftwaffles

This is "Alight", a wonderful animation by Jason Keyser -and sadly, which seems to be his only work on the field-. The animation is beautiful and the execution -accompanied by a very cool musical score- is pretty inspiring, actually. I'm not sure if I fully understand its message, though.

And as a bonus, here's "The Guardian":

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

The Skarzs

I've seen that before; it's quite charming.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Luftwaffles

I just saw that hummingbird, Skarz. It is shockingly good, but I wouldn't be surprised if you ever get that good, man.

Now, was it on sale? I would love to have that on my desk.

The Skarzs

It was on display, not sale. :P

And I love NeroGiest's videos. (Guardian.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Skyblade on June 28, 2015, 05:41:16 AM
I ran this through the search tool and didn't find anything, but let me know if this is a duplicate. This is a thread for posting works of art (duh) that you like.

I particularly like the paintings by Rob Gonsalves. They tend to have optical illusions, are open to interpretation, and are absolutely fascinating. My current profile picture, titled The Phenomenon of Floating is actually one of them:

Here are a few more of my favorites.

The Sun Sets Sail
[close]
The Performer
[close]
Pulling Strings
[close]

But remember that art is not always drawings and paintings. Music, dance, theatre, cooking, writing... and more things people enjoy are art.
Those are amazing!  I particularly love the first two.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Luftwaffles

Quote from: The Skarzs on July 02, 2015, 03:39:58 AM
It was on display, not sale. :P

And I love NeroGiest's videos. (Guardian.)

Oh, that's too bad. It was really a work of art and I would have gone crazy on expenses just to have it.

I just saw "The Explorer" by him and the trailer for the next installment on the series. His videos are the weirdest thing yet... all of them use the same character model and pretty much the same story, yet they are all incredibly entertaining to watch -and the music is awesome in all of them-.

The Skarzs

Can't wait until he finishes the next one.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Luftwaffles

Neither can I. Have a look at the trailer in the meantime (although it doesn't show much): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YqhpsZNTho