News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Non-Badgers with the Bloodwrath

Started by Nightfire, September 15, 2011, 05:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

Okay, so everyone knows that most badgers experience the Bloodwrath at some point of their lives. What about non-badgers? This is a list of all non-badger creatures who have had the Bloodwrath:

Mice
Martin the WarriorMatthias
Luke the Warrior
Martin II
Bisky

Otters
Deyna
Rab Streambattle
Grath Longfletch
Skor Axehound

Hares
Buckler Kordyne
Captain Cuthbert Blanedale
Laird Bosie McScutta of Bowlaynee

Moles
Axtel Sturnclaw

Squirrels
Ranguvar Foeseeker
Rakkety Tam MacBurl
Dannflower Reguba

Felldoh and Glokkpod are assumed to have the Bloodwrath, according to the wiki, but it was never ascertained.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

With Felldoh, the book never mentioned him having bloodwrath at all, so he cannot be added in line with canon as been afflicted with the condition.
Really, the only reason to think Felldoh had bloodwrath is because of his maddened prowess in battle in taking down large numbers of enemies. He had a lot of skill in arms and determination, and a passion to deal with his enemies, thus the necessity of him needing the berserk state to deal with so many is not accurate.
Basically, bloodwrath or no bloodwrath is pure speculation on side of fanon.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Nightfire

Good point, but there is a lot of evidence that suggests he was in the Bloodwrath when he died, so I'll keep him on the list for now, until there's a bit stronger evidence for him to have been fighting without the Bloodwrath. He was not exactly thinking clearly as the vermin killed him.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lutra

My initial thought was that Felldoh should make the list before I even saw the list of squirrels.  However, now that I think about this a bit more, Mr. Jacques is pretty explicit when a character is experiencing bloodwrath...its generally written when they've gone beserk with the affliction.  I don't recall ever reading Felldoh having this problem.  I'd chalk his final battle an act of brave carelessness...but not bloodwrath.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Nightfire on September 15, 2011, 10:48:37 PM
until there's a bit stronger evidence for him to have been fighting without the Bloodwrath. He was not exactly thinking clearly as the vermin killed him.

For the record, there's no such thing as more 'evidence'. There is what is there, it's pretty solid in stone what Felldoh did and experienced and what the scene held, and that's what can be viewed and considered.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Dotti

I'm trying to remember somebeast else who had the bloodwrath.....it's something about the red mist fading from their eyes.......Ack, I hate not being able to remember.  >:( >:( >:(  I don't even know what book it was in.  Hmmm....was it perhaps Tam when he was struggling on the battlements when he saw Gulo had Doogy???  I can't get at my copy right now so I can't look it up. :(
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Lily

There's a list on the Redwall wiki of creatures who suffered the Bloodwrath.

I have to agree with those who say Felldoh didn't suffer from the Bloodwrath. He let his temper get the better of him, yes, but I think he went into that battle completely sane. He made the decision to fight to the death well before.

Though, like Taggerung said, it's pure speculation either way.

DanielofRedwall

For hares, Cuthbert from High Rhulain suffered from bloodwrath a few times.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

Dotti

I thought Dandin had bloodwrath.   :o  How could I have forgetten Rab???? I mean, he not only had the bloodwrath really bad but had memory loss and forgot how to talk along with it!  Rab was awesome!
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Nightfire

Muta was too, but she was a badger, so I couldn't put her up. And I don't remember Dandin having the Bloodwrath.  :-\ The list on the wiki didn't say anything about him.

Tiria Wildlough

Am I supposed to be surprised you made this thread, Nightfire? Because I'm not. :D
Anyway...
Bloodwrath is scary. If I had Bloodwrath, I would take a long look at myself before I went outside my house. :-\ :-\
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

Matthias has bloodrath? In which book is this shown? (I've only read a few)
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

I think he gets enraged by it once in Redwall, maybe. I think he definitely goes into it in Mattimeo.

Dotti

Well, I shall bow to Redwall wiki's vastly superior knowledge.  Perhaps I am thinking of Dannflor.  Although (pardon me going off topic here), Dandin is an interesting case, since he's Mariel's traveling companion for seasons and seasons, but it never mentions them getting married, and they don't refer to each other as husband/wife.  I think this may be the only case in Redwall where a boy and girl are traveling companions. (Not counting large groups such as the Rambling Rosehip Players, or the Guosim, or parents with families. )
~Brian Jacques