News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Siege on the Mountain

Started by Cornflower MM, July 30, 2015, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on August 18, 2015, 09:03:55 PM

OOC: Hm, and here I was thinking this RP was going really slow, hey where is Dell by the way some one poke him!
OOC:  Yeah, it was going pretty slow, and I was totally kidding.

I'll poke him.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Degloc laughed loudly as Elya dealt the final blow to the mutinous captain, "Harhar! Well, as you have all seen through trial of combat. Elya is now a captain, and has received a large reward for dealing with these mutinous captains. Let this be a lesson to you all! If you betray me, then you will betray yourselves in the same moment! It will result in your death."
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

"I don't think Blackthorn trusts us very much," Elmeath whispered into Argunath's ear as the hare was talking to Highear. "Seems like he's got quite the amount of authority to hold."
 Argunath nodded slowly. "I doubt they've seen any beasts our size before, and we were warned they might be suspicious; something about 'our kind'." They both turned back to the two hares as Blackthorn introduced Highear, and insisted he be their guide.
 "Thank you, major." Argunath smiled and bowed slightly. "I hope your mistrust will disappear soon." Turning to Highear, he spoke again. "Since you're available, I did have a question for you."
 Highear looked up at the cat with hooded eyes. "Yes?"
 "The major mentioned something about a foe to battle. You don't have any enemy at your doorstep, so what. . . ?"
 The sergeant scratched his nose. "Ah, yes. We've become alerted t' the coming forces of some vermin ships, wot, and we'll be hard pressed as it is to keep ourselves defended." He spun on his heels and marched down the hall. "This way, chap and chappess, if you want scoff, wot wot!"
 Elmeath and Argunath looked at each other. "Scoff?"
 "You know, nosh, tucker, victuals, sustenance, meagre fodder!"
 "Just saying 'food' would have been enough. . ."
 Elmeath hopped along after Highear. "Oh, lighten up, Argunath! Now I have more words to use, wot wot!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Amber

Arin gazed up at the mountain in wonder. He had been there before, but the majestic scene always took his breath away. The squirrel scrambled up a large sand dune, a cool breeze from the sea ruffling his fur. Pulling a flask of water out of a pouch attached to his belt, he drank deeply. He tucked it back in its appropriate place, and, twirling his tail in anticipation of reaching their destination, ran down the other side of the hill.

OOC: @Skarzs: Just wondering, do you pronounce Elmeath's name, El-mee-ath, or El-mee-th?

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Amber

Delthion

Degloc looked around deck at his excited and terrified crew, they were excited with the aftermath of the duel, but they were terrified about the cause of the duel. He called to his newest captain. "Yer first order of business, just to prove that ye don't have yer head in the clouds, is to tell the other captains to come immediately to my chambers. When you have finished, I will also need you."
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

Nobody she encountered really knew much more than she did about the vermin horde, so Bridget wandered away, looking for some way to help out.  She found Twotrees and Bluleaf downstairs surrounded by weapons.  "Need any help?" she asked a little timidly.  The haremaid knew the two others by sight, but wasn't really acquainted with them.
--------------------------
Lora stared at Salamandastron with quiet awe as she approached the doors with the others.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Faiyloe

Blueleaf looked up and greeted Bridget "Hey there, wot, were just about finished here, Just waiting for the new arrivals to get here, an wot not," She said, Got up and said "You know what, you can help with room assignments, wot," She said taking the paper and charcoal from Blueleaf and handing them to Bridget. "You need to make sure that every beast gets a room and mark down who is in what room. There are a load of empty barracks in the west wing, you should be able to lodge them all there,"

Elya sheathed her blades and looked Degloc in the eyes "dey are all dead sir, Petyr es de only one left. D'not take me fer a fool, I knew what de was planing long afor you did, if der is ever anoder... insubordination, de will be delt wit,"

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

LT Sandpaw

Three hares joined Major Blackthorn as he performed that evening's sweep of the sea. With him was the shore guards and an old scout who was said to have the best eyes on the mountain. They waited patiently as the scout scanned back and forth searching for any sail to appear on the horizon.

"Nothing yet sah, just a matter o' time though wot." Blackthorn nodded in agreement blinking away the windblown sand that irritated his eyes.

"I agree ol' Fareye, whoever the foe an' wherever those vermin come from we'll be ready wot."

"Right sah won't get past us oh no they won't."

"Tubby's correct sah we'll keep our eyes cocked an' our ears peeled." The two younger teens on shore guard assured their superior officers saluting with their spears. Fareye frowned as the two made a show of scanning the horizon.

"Keepin' yer ears peeled an' yer eyes cocked eh? Well I'll be sleeping with one eye open fer sure, wot." Blackthorn's mustache twitched in what might have been the tiniest of laughs but it was gone almost as quickly as it had come.

"Stay alert, c'mon Fareye lets go gets some vittles." The two marched off towards the mountain leaving the shore guard arguing over whether it was ears cocked and eyes peeled or vice versa.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

OOC: *whistles* Sorry for not posting, but, quite frankly, I have nothing to do.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: You should make a hare character, heck don't even have to make it an official character just ask Corn permission and make a Hare NPC. The mountain is much more active right now. ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

OOC: But then I have to read six pages of text... can anyone give me an update?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

rrrrr

OOC: What are we going to do? Is everyone in Salamandastron, including Skye's badger?

BIC: Rade walked around, helping himself to food.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Jukka the Sling

"Alright then," Bridget said, smiling in a shy sort of way at the other haremaid.  She took the paper and stick of charcoal, examining the writing already there.  Apparently there was a pine marten named Mia and two cougars named Argunath and Elmeath staying at the mountain already.  Bridget raised her eyebrow at this, for she had never seen a cougar before, and besides that, it was exceedingly rare for typically "bad" creatures to be treated nicely around there.  Not that she was going to judge either the arrivals or her superiors, though.  Obviously Salamandastron was in dire need of assistance.

She leaned against the wall, pushing her glasses further up on her nose and unknowingly giving herself a charcoal smudge across the cheek.  And she waited for other creatures to arrive.  This was going to be a fun and easy task for her, for she loved making neat and orderly lists and diagrams.