News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Mafia III

Started by Cornflower MM, August 11, 2015, 05:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you having fun?

Yes
6 (40%)
No
2 (13.3%)
I'm kinda dead. . . .
2 (13.3%)
I'm a bit dead at the moment, but I'm still having fun!
2 (13.3%)
This is fun to watch
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Cornflower MM

I know, it's slightly confusing. We should make a rule. . . No new Mafia games until the one before is done.

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Mhera

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on October 02, 2015, 06:47:43 PM
She hasn't posted here in a while either, even after Corn revived it. Interesting....
I kinda forgot about this :P Sorry!

Quote from: Skyblade on October 02, 2015, 06:28:24 PM
- Some story clues seem to point to her (being grouped with Sand)
We don't know that Sand was Mafia, though. As you say, story clues can be misinterpreted.

- She led the votes on Gonff, a confirmed Town
I "led" it because you asked me to explain my interpretation of events. You've got to admit the evidence was stacked against him, innocent or not, because you voted for him too.

Also, if leading a vote against an innocent is indicative of being Mafia, realize that if I get voted out next you'll be just as "guilty" as I am ;)

- Didn't post for a while on Day 2, which unnerves me. Her explanation for her inactivity also came off as defensive and a bit off in my opinion.
Can't deny any of that. If I remember right, that was the really awkward week where family +1 was visiting. I was definitely off :P

An interesting thing is how Mhera invited the detective to investigate her. However, this could have simply been a bold move to gain Town credibility.
True. The invitation still stands if they haven't investigated already, though.

Søren

Quote from: Mhera on October 04, 2015, 03:34:17 PM
Quote from: Soren the Warrior on October 02, 2015, 06:47:43 PM
She hasn't posted here in a while either, even after Corn revived it. Interesting....
I kinda forgot about this :P Sorry!

- Some story clues seem to point to her (being grouped with Sand)
We don't know that Sand was Mafia, though. As you say, story clues can be misinterpreted.

- She led the votes on Gonff, a confirmed Town
I "led" it because you asked me to explain my interpretation of events. You've got to admit the evidence was stacked against him, innocent or not, because you voted for him too.

Also, if leading a vote against an innocent is indicative of being Mafia, realize that if I get voted out next you'll be just as "guilty" as I am ;)

- Didn't post for a while on Day 2, which unnerves me. Her explanation for her inactivity also came off as defensive and a bit off in my opinion.
Can't deny any of that. If I remember right, that was the really awkward week where family +1 was visiting. I was definitely off :P

An interesting thing is how Mhera invited the detective to investigate her. However, this could have simply been a bold move to gain Town credibility.
True. The invitation still stands if they haven't investigated already, though.

QuoteBeing defensive is a Mafia sign. After all, if the Town loses one person, it's not as big a deal as if the Mafia loses one person. Mafia members are more focused on survival; thus, they try to look innocent.
According to The Big Book of Internet Mafia Games, (which is really just a compilation of Sky's posts because we're all woefully inexperienced), Mhera is showing defensive signs that indicate her being a possible Mafia because she hadn't pointed out a new suspect.

I'm retired from the forum

Mhera

I'm holding off until I've thought things through a bit more; right now I don't have a case against anyone that compares to what you guys have against me, and if I jump to accuse someone then that will be seen as suspicious as well.

Søren

Cornflower MM

Okee. One for Mhera.

Hey, can someone help me keep the votes straight?

Quote from: rrrrr on October 03, 2015, 02:15:48 AM
OOps.

Tis fine. :)

Skyblade

I'll keep track of the votes.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Cornflower MM

Oh, thank you, Skye! *Hugs* Of course, I'll try to keep track of them myself as well, but thank you!

Mhera

I glanced through the whole thread again, and while I still suspect her a little, I don't really think that Sky is Mafia. There aren't any strong story clues against her as far as I can tell, and her defenses have all had solid reasoning behind them. That leaves Del, rrrrr, and Ash, which is kind of a hard group to choose from because none of them have really posted anything of substance.

However, out of those three, Del sticks out a bit. Ash and R basically come in only when there's a vote, and haven't actively involved themselves in any investigations. I could be wrong, but that's possibly out of game boredom, and it's hard to imagine a Mafia having that. Del, though, works to maintain at least a somewhat frequent presence in the thread and is its most prolific reviver, even though most of what he has to say is game spam and he's not that involved in the actual investigations. He also tends to be uncertain about who to vote for, and goes with the options that will have no real impact on the day's outcome. It just seems odd for someone seemingly so detached and uncertain about what to do to be so interested in the game.

Søren

Hey Corn, when does the Day end?

Cornflower MM

. . . . Whenever I get in the votes and write it up try and fail epically at writing it up (As in staring at my screen for fifteen minutes several times) and end posting that so-and-so's died and go into Night.

Søren

Ok, so Mhera and Del are both gone (Del temporarily). So, we keep going?

Cornflower MM

Let's wait for Del. If he's not back in a week, well. . . . . .

Delthion

I check in on this periodically. :)
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.