Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aimless Gallivanter

Hey @James Gryphon I was wondering about the gender bit of the posts profile things and why that was added? Why is it necessary? Is there a way to remove it? I don't mind having it in my profile, but above my picture in every post is just. I dunno, I dont understand what the point of it is?
im gay!!!!!!

James Gryphon

Well, I saw it on another forum and it didn't seem too obtrusive to me. It neatly handles cases where people are wondering whether somebody's a guy or a girl, without them having to look someplace else. I guess it isn't necessary, but I don't see that it's any different from having, say, the country field.

If more than a few people are against this, though, I'd be willing to take it off again.
« Subject to editing »

Aimless Gallivanter

i can understand why some people would like it, you don't need to take it down completely. But even the country field has a way to disable it, i would be happy if you could just make the gender thing optional?
im gay!!!!!!

James Gryphon

Well, from my understanding, if you don't want to show your country, you pick "No country". You can do the same thing with gender; just select the blank space.
« Subject to editing »

Kitsune

@James Gryphon if I switched my profile to only be able to receive administrators' PMs, would anyone who tried to send me a message get a notification that it did not go through?

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Kitsune

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

@Jaaaaaaaaaammmmeeeessss something's wrong with my profile, the layout changed to the tab view and the buttons to edit it don't work anymore.

I'm retired from the forum

Cornflower MM

@James Gryphon I've been looking for the past ten minutes and I can't find the signature image size limit. I know we have rules on this. (This top section of the forum is so unorganized it's starting to hurt my brain)

EDIT: So, the signature size limit is NOWHERE. Other than the completely unhelpful font and line limit. No wonder you had troubles with that, James!

Søren

Managed to get into the profile via my browser history, but the problem persists still.

James Gryphon

Quote from: Søren on December 24, 2016, 04:16:43 PM
...the layout changed to the tab view and the buttons to edit it don't work anymore.
Maybe if you could give me information on what browser you're using, and a picture or two of what you're talking about, I could help...but I've checked out that part of the interface and I don't seem to be able to reproduce your problem. All I know to recommend is the usual; clear cache, that sort of thing.

Quote from: Peony on December 24, 2016, 04:50:56 PM
I've been looking for the past ten minutes and I can't find the signature image size limit. I know we have rules on this.
Announcements, at the bottom of "Forum Rules", rule of courtesy #1:
Quote1. As this is a discussion forum, large images (past 40x350 pixels) are not allowed in signatures to make scrolling the forum and reading conversation easier. You may use any size-permitted image, in line with the rules above, in your signature.
« Subject to editing »

Kitsune

Søren

Quote from: James Gryphon on December 24, 2016, 09:41:02 PM
Quote from: Søren on December 24, 2016, 04:16:43 PM
...the layout changed to the tab view and the buttons to edit it don't work anymore.
Maybe if you could give me information on what browser you're using, and a picture or two of what you're talking about, I could help...but I've checked out that part of the interface and I don't seem to be able to reproduce your problem. All I know to recommend is the usual; clear cache, that sort of thing.
Figured it out, it's an iOS thing. Dropdowns on this site don't work on iOS, so you're forced to use the sidebar. For some reason, the setting was reset to drop down.

Ashleg

Hey Jams, whenever I try to post it tells me the connection has been lost and I have to reload multiple times. This only happens with the forum, so it ain't me... *le shrug* :-\