News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

War In 1700

Started by SilentSam, September 17, 2015, 03:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izeroth

Count Radbot of the Habsburg Monarchy
 confidential
The state of Brandenburg-Prussia requests a temporary alliance with the Habsburg Monarchy. The terms for an agreement are as follows:
•Poland will be partitioned into two sections, the extent of which we can determine following our victory over the other armies.
•The Habsburg Monarchy will be given 60% of the wealth acquired in the conquest of Poland, while the remaining 40% will go to Brandenburg-Prussia and its allies.
•The Habsburg-Monarchy will agree not to conduct hostilities against Brandenburg-Prussia during or immediately following the campaign against Poland.
[close]
[close]

Delthion

OOC: Just so you know, I am Count Radbot of the Hapsburg Monarchy. ;D

To Izeroth of Bradenburg-Prussia
Highly Confidential
We gratefully accept your terms, together we shall drive the Russian dogs from Poland!
[close]
[close]
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

To Vilu
Thank you sir! Your help is much appreciated by the Russian Empire
[close]
-100,000 Swedish troops now under Russian command, by Vilu's permission, attack the Hapsburg forces at Lwow, causing heavy casualties.
OOC: That's right, count the 0s. 100,000.

I'm retired from the forum

Vilu Daskar

OOC: They're still under General Gilu's command, they were just marching through Russia and they aren't there yet.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Delthion

-The army retreats seeing the size of the Swedish army. General Ferile leads them back to Krakow, calls for reinforcements from the Hapsburg Monarchy arrive, 30,000 strong.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

LT Sandpaw

-Tragedy strikes in the heart of France as King Sablepaw is slain by an assassins bullet while reviewing the soldiers that will defend the homeland. Called to Paris after his fathers death Prince Sablepaw II Ascends to the throne, a position that is already threatened. After reviewing reports from his scouts Sablepaw orders a full scale muster of every able bodied French soldier to form the standing army.-

-In the Mediterranean the combined forces of the first and third French fleet prepare a full on assault of the English Navy. Any incursion on the Mediterranean sea will be met with heavy resistance. The French fully control the sea and protect the trade flow from Spain, Venice, and the Ottoman Empire taking increased revenue by taxing the traders. Loosing the Mediterranean would severely hurt the French cause.-

-With the French army still assembling, Lord Avias in Command of the French Claviers rides Northeast along the Rhine to stall the English army. He receives word that Lord Russell of Savoy is fast approaching with nearly sixty-thousand soldiers from the South. Planning on catching the English between their two forces the two Lords close in on the English soldiers that are marching towards Versailles.-

-Along the Seine French Patriots are proving difficult to control. Small bands are burning fields before the English can capture the resources. Large and bolder groups attack the English patrols on horseback using their superior knowledge of the territory and terrain to make lightning guerilla attacks. While they will not stop the English invasion force they will certainly slow it down. The populace itself is making things difficult, very little people are cooperative with the English invaders and some outright defy them. In Anjou a French militia army is formed containing nearly thirty-thousand more soldiers. Cries to save French ring though the land and many young men join the army hoping to fight the English.-

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Vilu Daskar

Sablepaw II
Greetings Great King,
Your father and I were on good terms with one another, I wish to keep it that way for now. But it wont unless I get the 20,000 francs your father promised me.
Vilu VI
[close]

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

LT Sandpaw

From King Sablepaw II of France to King Vilu of Sweden
Highly Confidential
Great King of Sweden. Following our two nations bitter struggle my farther King Sablepaw indeed promised you thirty five thousand francs for payment of your lost ships. This payment was collected in a timely fashion and sent by ship towards Sweden. Alas it was captured by the English fleet and stolen. Since then my father collected another twenty thousand to send to you as promised. But with the English in full control of the Channel and the Western sea there is no way to send the payment. Therefor I offer this solution.

I will send the payment to the Netherlands to where it will be protected by King Sandpaw who is neutral to both France and England. He will keep it safe in the Netherlands until such time as a Swedish ship collects it. If this arrangement is not desirable to you then you must wait until the war between France and England is decided before France can transport the payment by ship.

With Humble Regards
~King Sablepaw II of France
[close]
[close]

Vilu Daskar

Sablepaw II
Greeting Great King,
This arrangement is to my liking. I will send the Lion, the Wrath of Sweden, and the Sea Lord to pick up the money right away.
Vilu VI King of Sweden.
[close]

Hickory

The Ottoman attack force sends 5,000 troops under the cover of artillery fire in a preliminary strike/ scouting mission against the next town.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Izeroth

•In an effort to crush French resistance in Alsace-Lorraine, the occupying Prussians publicly execute 100 dissidents. Their bodies are left on the gallows as a warning to future rebels.

•Hoping to reach supplies before the French can burn them, the Prusso-Saxon army sends cavalry troops ahead of the main force.

Vilu Daskar

-Swedish troops lead by General Gilu arrive at the border of Russia and Poland.

-Scottish Soldiers use guerrilla warfare against the British.

Wylder Treejumper

- The British troops finally arrive at Warsaw, bolstering the Prussian-Saxon forces by 40,000

- A small new war fleet heads out from Portsmouth Naval Yard. However, this fleet also contains a wonder of naval engineering and the pride of the British Fleet: the 110 gun Venator. It joins with the British War Fleet, further increasing British naval superiority.

-The British forces in south France commandeer vessels and sail down the Seine, increasing their speed greatly and greatly decreasing their run-ins with French resistance. In addition, it puts them far ahead of the French forces to the south. They disembark and lay siege to the French capital of Paris. The larger force to the north has less territory to cover, and so force-marches to the capital, razing towns on their way. The armies meet at the gates of Paris, forming a combined force 130,000 strong. Their artillery pounds at the walls of the great city...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Izeroth

King Wylder of England
 confidential
Unfortunately, I've just signed a temporary treaty with The Habsburg Monarchy. This prevents me from entering into hostilities with them in the near future.

The Russians are large in number, but they are poorly-trained and lacking in supplies. Moreover, their armies are scattered throughout Poland, lacking in complete unity. Would it not be better to drive the Russian forces away and, after securing key cities and fortifications, at that point attack the Habsburgs?
[close]
[close]

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Okay I'm questioning logic here, how on earth did the English commandeer enough boats to sail 80,000 men upriver? Whatever I'm just going to roll with it. ;)
BIC:

-King Sablepaw has Paris well prepared for a prolonged siege. A defending force of Sixty thousand Frenchmen hold the walls and returns fire on the English bombardment. Hundreds of French citizens both peasants and nobles demand an end to the war. Word arrives that the combined forces of Lord Russell and Lord Avias is moving to intercept the Prusso-Saxon force. Paris holds strong and awaits its relief force.-

-The French Militia has grown to a massive number but lacks proper leadership and equipment. Fifteen hundred Elite Musketeers meet up with the force and begin marching it towards the mouth of the Seine intent on recapturing the lost territory.-

-The French Lords march along the Rhine straight into Prussian held lands. Their combined force of Sixty thousand soldiers and twenty thousand Cavilers open the conflict between France and Prussia by ambushing the main army in Alsace-Lorraine. Cavilers charge from the rear while Savoy guns fire from the front and flanks.
Seeing a hundred men slaughtered at the hands of the invaders has angered the French populace and rag tag groups of rebels attack supply wagons and patrols, some even joining Russell's Savion soldiers in the pitch battle.-

From King Sablepaw II of France to King Soren of Switzerland.
  Great ally and King of Switzerland, I have sent aid to your counterpart Russia to help his cause in Poland. Now I call for help yet again by the Swiss as these enemies batter at my gates. They are surrounded and trapped deep in France with no way to escape. Attack now, I implore you to attack and aid me in driving these invaders from benevolent France.

*Elsewhere*

-Two Dutch ships sail along the coast near Venice and spotting a few Ottoman ships they raise up the white flag intent on talking to the Ottoman Emperor.-
[close]