News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

War In 1700

Started by SilentSam, September 17, 2015, 03:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

OOC: Hapsburg claimed Venice. I'm not attacking Spain.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

Letter to the Ottoman commander from Pope Badger I
You, heretic, will leave Italy at once, lest the troops of blessed Spain slay you and your dog kind. - Signed, Pope Badger I.
[close]

- The reinforcements reach the original force, and they slowly follow the Ottoman army.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

-General Ferile leads an assault on Lwow, taking the southern side.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

-Russians use rugged artillery to cause massive casualties to Hapsburg forces as they invade.
-Shifting tactics to gorilla warfare, the Russians hide and make small targeted strikes throughout the southern side of Lwow, catching the Hapsburg troops off guard.

I'm retired from the forum

LT Sandpaw

-The French Militia force retreats toward the ocean holding their ground there. They dig in and make fortifications stopping any supplies from reaching the British army. Seeing their enemies back turned to them the soldiers in Paris take the time to repair and rearm.-

-Along the Rhine the French artillery continuously hammers the Prusso-Saxon army. Cavilers make unending strikes along its flanks and rear causing horrible casualties. The Savoy army under Russell forms lines closing in on the foolish Pruss-Saxon army. With its continued attempts to advance on Paris they allowed the Savoy soldiers to completely surround them. The only way the Saxon-Prusso force and retreat is across the rough and dangerous Rhine. Slowly like a python the Savoy squeeze tighter and tighter making the ground the Saxon-Prusso army have to maneuver a mere few square acres. The roar of artillery resounding endlessly-

-In Poland the French allow even more Polish refugees into occupied Poland. They claim that should the Polish fight for France that a small portion of the country will be allowed to remain Polish, as a vassal to France. The desperate refugees readily agree and start building the Polish 3rd Auxiliary. Under professional French commanders they continue the fight against Hapsburg and Prussia. The French send summons to Russia asking for the release of all possible vassals so that Poland can fight for Russia and France.-

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

OOC: Ash. Look at the map. You have ni control over Venice, HAPSBURG AND DEL do.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: I know, but I'm aiding Hapsburg because you're making me nervous.

- Spanish and Papal troops start looting the outskirts of Venice.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Søren

-Russian army complies with French request
-Continue to hit and run Hapsburg troops, with small explosives.

I'm retired from the forum

Vilu Daskar

Swedes advance into Poland.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Izeroth

•Alsace-Lorraine militias, led by a small force of experienced Prussian troops, launch a sudden attack on the rear of the French army. The untrained conscripts take heavy casualties, but manage to divert some pressure from the main Prusso-Saxon army.

•Taking advantage of the distraction, the Prusso-Saxon forces charge the left flank of the French army with bayonets.

•The Prussian army brutally crushes resistance in Warsaw, executing the leaders of the riots. Messengers are sent to Count Radbot, informing him that Prussian reinforcements will soon be forthcoming.

Vilu Daskar

Scots continue to drive the English back.

The Lion, Wrath of Sweden, and the other one arrive home.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

LT Sandpaw

"Fix Bayonets!" All along the French line soldiers pulled the blades from their sheaths fixing them onto the end of their muskets. The blue clad Frenchmen and almost taste victory and many raise their weapons above their heads screaming their war cries at the charging Prussians. A wild cheer emits from the throats of thousands of soldiers as Lord Russell himself rides a fine warhorse to the front line, his saber drawn and raised. In the French tongue he rallies the men.

"Prepare thyselves brethren, great France has called thy name and you have answered her call. Together with me at you head, with God's grace, a lion's power, a horse's speed, we shall crush these invaders to dust. Let it be known that France will fight to the bitter end, and France in all her glory shall never fall!" He waved his sword over his head rearing the horse up. "Together men shout with me, Long Live King Sablepaw! Long Live Europe! Long Live France! VIA LA FRANCE!" With a collected roar that shook the very earth, the three flanks of Savoy Frenchmen countercharged from every side. Each man roaring as if he alone could defeat this foe.

-Lord Avais seeing the Savoy line attacked from the rear leads his Claviers forward to support the line. All the conscripts will be butchered without mercy. More units of Cavilers ride along the flanks of the charging Frenchmen ready to fill any gaps that might form in the melee battle.-

Vilu Daskar

OOC: 'We shall crush these invaders to dust' sounds wrong.

Wylder Treejumper

-English scouts inform the commander of the Prussian situation. Lord General Patrellis commands his forces to march to their aid. They arrive just in time to see the French army charge. bringing the full force of 130,000 troops to bear, they advance at triple speed, trapping the French army between the two forces. The French army is fired upon from close range at front as they charge, and longer ranges from behind. Artillery set up on the ridge batters their lines. Disciplined British troops begin to turn the flanks of the French army inward, massing the soldiers in the center of enemy lines...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

LT Sandpaw

-Seeing the British army march off, the defenders of Paris and the massive militia force follow them. They see the British move like lightning across the country and wonder at their incredible speed. But none the less they follow. Using their own triple time speed the large French force arrives as the British rush to the aid of the Prussians. King Sablepaw smiles and watches as a hundred thousand Spaniards sent by Ash arrive from the south and a further forty thousand Swiss march in from the east.-

"My King the British are swarming Lord Russell's position, his right flank turned to face them but they are outnumbered and surrounded. He will be crushed if we do not hurry." Sablepaw turned his gaze towards the massive dust cloud created by his allies armies. He turned to the French commander nodding his head towards the man.

"Send the French Militia to attack the British on the hills and capture those guns. The main French force shall charge on the right and hit the British from there. Send messengers to the Swiss and Spanish and request that they attack in full force. My enemies have trapped their entire armies in a ravine and along the Rhine. I will not let them escape. Go commander, you have your orders."

-Swarms of French militia charge the gun implements catching the enemy by surprise. Along the Rhine King Sablepaw and sixty thousand French musketeers strike hard at the British rear forming firing lines. They do not charge yet but simply fire hundreds of rounds of lead into the British force. Messengers on horseback ride full speed to the French allies and deliver their messages. The battle for France had just begun.-

OOC: Forgot about my approaching allies armies didn't you. >:D "Never interrupt your enemy while they are making a mistake." ~Napoleon Bonaparte.