News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

War In 1700

Started by SilentSam, September 17, 2015, 03:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izeroth

•Utilizing the devastation created by the English artillery barrage, the surviving Prusso-Saxons escape through gaps in the left flank. They desperately advance towards a more defensible position, cutting down the few French troops who stand in their way.

•Severely weakened but not yet destroyed, the Alsace-Lorraine militias retreat toward the Prusso-Saxon positions.

Vilu Daskar

-Swedish Troops arrive wherever the Russians are at and begin bombarding the city.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Søren

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on September 25, 2015, 10:55:16 PM
-Swedish Troops arrive wherever the Russians are at and begin bombarding the city.
OOC: Dude, we're allies. I'm trying to defend an already-claimed city by Russia; from Hapsburg.

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

To The King of England
Confidential
The Ottoman Empire offers a temporary alliance with England. They will send a fleet with extra men - that number to be decided - to the Channel to bolster the forces you have there.
[close]
[close]
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

- The Spanish army, led by Count Sanchez, receives the message and sends a force of mercenaries to gauge the English army's strength, while sending 25,000 men to deal with the Prussians.

OOC: Could I get a short recap of the battle?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Izeroth

OOC: The Prusso-Saxon army advanced towards Paris, but was surrounded by a French army and forced to retreat to the Rhine. Local militias came to the aid of the surrounded army, but failed to break through the French lines. Soon afterwards, the English army arrived and began bombarding the French positions. The French were distracted, giving the Prusso-Saxons an opportunity to break through their lines and regroup. French patriots then overwhelmed the English artillery batteries, ending the Britons' artillery superiority, but no doubt losing a lot of men in the process.

Delthion

-The weakened army, due to the Russians Guerrilla tactics, take control of the city, but are still hampered by the Russians. The army is now reduced to 60,000. But the remaining troops fortify Lwow.

-Count Radbot in the Hapsburg Monarchy marshals an army of 30,000.

-Venetian Militia under the leadership of Doge Dominicus retreat to Venice alerting the Spanish and Papal forces of their retreat. The small army rallies in the easily defendable main rivers and canals.

OOC: Soren, Guerrilla Warfare is fine, but if you are trying to defend a city, it will leave it rather unprotected from the main force. It is really useful if the troops are still moving to the battlefield though. :)
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

- Papal forces withdraw from Venice.

- The Spanish army, now composed of 10,000 men, lay siege to Venice.

- A few Spanish cavalry regiments ride from Rome to Venice.

- Spanish colonists in America begin setting up villages. A ship carrying Spanish clerics and horsemen set sail to the colonies, but are blown off course and sail to the Indies.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Delthion

OOC: What? I thought that Spain and the Papal States were allied with Venice...but then again. "An Alliance with the strong is not to be trusted."
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: How's that backstab?  ;D

Søren

-20,000 Russians from Vilinus march to Lwow to assault the Hapsburg troops
-Guerilla Russians confine to try to retake the city from the inside, with extra Russian support now from the outside, have the Hapsburg troops trapped.
OOC: Sneak attack

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

To Count Radhot
Highly Confidential
The Ottoman Empire will help you get the Spanish out of Venice in exchange for half of the disputed territory.
[close]
[close]

Lady Ashenwyte

Letter to Count Radbot from King Ashenwyte of Valledo
 Confidential
If you want us to leave Venice, give us a third of the disputed lands. - Signed, King Ashenwyte of Valledo.
[close]
[close]

Hickory

The Ottomans are feeling benevolent and send 20,000 troops over the Polish-Ottoman border to attack the south of Warsaw with the Russians.

Delthion

-The Monarchy sends 30,000 troops to attack the Russians from the rear.
To King Ashnwyte and the Ottoman Empire
Highly Confidential
Allow us more time, we shall think about this.
[close]
[close]