News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Homework Motivation Topic

Started by Kitsune, September 18, 2015, 01:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

I have some late homework still not done. I prefer hacking electronic signs in WATCH_DOGS to say "Honey Badger Don't Care."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

I discovered why I procrastinate. It's because I'm always feeling tired and I don't want to do things I don't want to do.

The world is clearer now.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Lady Ashenwyte

Math homework is the bane of my life.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Skyblade

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on October 26, 2015, 07:43:10 AM

You can ask me for help when you want. I'm not a math genius, but I'm actually kind of good, and I like the subject.

Banya

Quote from: Skyblade on October 26, 2015, 01:53:11 AM
I discovered why I procrastinate. It's because I'm always feeling tired and I don't want to do things I don't want to do.
You said it all.

I broke my own record two weeks ago by pulling three all-nighters in a row.  I did nap during the afternoon, but I kept having to pull all-nighters to do what I hadn't done the night before.  I had nine days to write a paper, and I still waited to start it until the morning it was due.  Took an hour and a half.  Got it back today, graded, and I did all right on it.  I procrastinate for nothing.
(I do kind of enjoy all-nighters, though, because it opens a lot more time to do other things that I can't complete at times when all I do during my daylight hours is schoolwork.  Also, don't be afraid of college because of me.  All-nighters are my [poor] choice, not a necessity.)

Cornflower MM

. . . . . Yeah, anyone want to kick my tail in doing French?

Banya

*Kicks Corny's tail*

Somehow, I need to be prepared for an exam tomorrow in a class that I've skipped more than I've attended.  I never would have taken it if it weren't required for my major.  What a bore.
I also have six pages of Russian homework, which isn't bad at all, but it's more difficult to get myself to do when I sleep through class and am not in the right mindset to jump into it.  I always do my homework... I don't always get it in on time.

Lately, the reward method has been working well for me.  Complete a sizable portion of my homework, watch an OVA.  Complete homework in a subject, eat dinner or dessert.  It's effective.

Skyblade

Staying up late as a high school student is my poor choice as well. I'm still working on my procrastination problem. It seems to be improving. Ooh, perhaps I can read more Bulletproof Musician articles.

To me, the reward system seems...too nice. I mean, should I really reward myself for doing what I'm supposed to do? Then again, if it helps me, perhaps I should just do it anyway (or try). I've considered the punishment system, but apparently it's not a good one.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Skyblade on October 27, 2015, 03:37:25 AM
Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on October 26, 2015, 07:43:10 AM

You can ask me for help when you want. I'm not a math genius, but I'm actually kind of good, and I like the subject.

It's not how complicated they are, but the time they take to do.

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Hickory

Well, I was lazy enough to not have my english essay in two days ago. My grade in that class is now a 74% instead of 86%. I want to go kill myself...
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on October 28, 2015, 08:35:28 PM
Well, I was lazy enough to not have my english essay in two days ago. My grade in that class is now a 74% instead of 86%. I want to go kill myself...

Are you kidding? With every mistake you learn something.

*Sighs* Procrastinating is the true bane of my life.