Main Menu

The Calzone of Your Doom!

Started by Søren, October 09, 2015, 03:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izeroth

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on October 12, 2015, 05:47:46 AM
Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on October 12, 2015, 05:12:53 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on October 12, 2015, 04:08:08 AM
It's not necessarily a Southern thing; the midwest is kinda big on that too.

Why? Just seems unhealthy and wasteful.
Don't knock it till you've tried it. ;D It's good, fried chicken is mind blowing (as in legs and thighs and such); fried okra is good; fried chicken livers are good (don't knock it till you try it); fried frog legs are more chicken-y then I expected, so average I guess; fried ice cream is awesome; fried macaroni and cheese might make you a bit sick, but can be worth it; FRENCH FRIES ARE THE BEST ESPECIALLY WHEN WITH RANCH OR CHILLI AND CHEESE; fried onion rings are alright;
fried steak isn't my favorite, but it's alright; fried catfish is good when done correctly, IMHO; fried shrimp is ok; fried calamari isn't southern American but deserves to be on the awesome list; fried pickle chips are GOOD man.. I think mostly it's eaten because lots of it is traditional, "soul food" (glorious, includes most of what I said plus other non-fried things) and very rich.

Fried... ice cream?

Vilu Daskar

People at the State Fair of Texas they fry everything.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Eulaliaaa!

How can ice cream be fried? And who would even think of frying that? And french fries with chili and cheese are good, but never as good as a chili cheese dog. I could live off those things. A hotdog covered in spicy, saucy, hot chili with cheese sprinkled on top that's just beginning to melt.... mmmmmm.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Søren

Wikipedia says fried ice cream has conflicting origins, but I've seen it at many Mexican restaurants. Apparently it also has possibly Asian origin.. It gets quickly deep-fried then pulled back out so the ice cream doesn't have time to melt. But it has to be kept way below the normal temperature for ice cream, and usually coated with raw egg or breeding or cookie crumbles of some kind. Then deep fried, and removed before it melts.

I'm retired from the forum

Eulaliaaa!

... that.... ok. I have no idea why anyone would want to go to the trouble of deep frying ice cream, but I won't judge them.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Søren

It's pretty good, just like someone deep fried macaroni and cheese. Similar method too.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on October 12, 2015, 11:33:08 PM
... that.... ok. I have no idea why anyone would want to go to the trouble of deep frying ice cream, but I won't judge them.
Because America. ::)

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on October 12, 2015, 11:37:12 PM
It's pretty good, just like someone deep fried macaroni and cheese. Similar method too.
That sounds kinda gross, actually. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

I'm not sure which one sounds worse. Deep fried macaroni and cheese, or macaroni and cheese on a pizza.

Søren

Well, deep fried macaroni and cheese gets old after the third time.

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on October 12, 2015, 11:40:49 PM
I'm not sure which one sounds worse. Deep fried macaroni and cheese, or macaroni and cheese on a pizza.
I think they both sound good.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on October 12, 2015, 11:45:20 PM
Well, deep fried macaroni and cheese gets old after the third time.
It sounds like it would get old after the first time  :P

Vilu Daskar

Eulaliaaa!

Yeah. Sometimes. Though fried food is really unhealthy, and I think healthier food tastes better. I'm weird like that :P

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on October 12, 2015, 05:47:46 AM
Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on October 12, 2015, 05:12:53 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on October 12, 2015, 04:08:08 AM
It's not necessarily a Southern thing; the midwest is kinda big on that too.

Why? Just seems unhealthy and wasteful.
Don't knock it till you've tried it. ;D It's good, fried chicken is mind blowing (as in legs and thighs and such); fried okra is good; fried chicken livers are good (don't knock it till you try it); fried frog legs are more chicken-y then I expected, so average I guess; fried ice cream is awesome; fried macaroni and cheese might make you a bit sick, but can be worth it; FRENCH FRIES ARE THE BEST ESPECIALLY WHEN WITH RANCH OR CHILLI AND CHEESE; fried onion rings are alright;
fried steak isn't my favorite, but it's alright; fried catfish is good when done correctly, IMHO; fried shrimp is ok; fried calamari isn't southern American but deserves to be on the awesome list; fried pickle chips are GOOD man.. I think mostly it's eaten because lots of it is traditional, "soul food" (glorious, includes most of what I said plus other non-fried things) and very rich.

When I read that post my heart gained sentience and tried to escape this world by jumping out of a window. (:P)
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Wow. Didn't know it was possible to get a heart attack by reading about fattening foods. :P ;D ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.