News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Something Random About Yourself.

Started by Nightfire, September 22, 2011, 03:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

You made that post at 3:43 EST, so that's 12:43 PST, which is your time, if I am not mistaken. Soo... Not as late as I usually am awake, though if it was I'd probably be better off for it. I was on until like 2:30 last night... Which in your time would just be 11:30... *sigh* time zones are confusing.

Rainshadow

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on December 24, 2014, 03:25:16 PM
You made that post at 3:43 EST, so that's 12:43 PST, which is your time, if I am not mistaken. Soo... Not as late as I usually am awake, though if it was I'd probably be better off for it. I was on until like 2:30 last night... Which in your time would just be 11:30... *sigh* time zones are confusing.

Wouldn't it just be so nice if there was only one time zone?  But alas, that's impossible, unless we were to force every human into one time zone, thus making it so that we don't have to figure out times.  :P

Random:  This will be the first time in my entire life that I've gone to a family Christmas party without my parents.  My mom came down with what looked to be a cold yesterday, but now she has a pretty high fever, so she and my dad are going to the doctor to see if she has the flu.  Then they're both gonna stay home so my dad can look after my mom.  So, yeah, me and my siblings are going to our family's annual Christmas party without my parents.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Maudie

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on December 24, 2014, 03:25:16 PM

Nope. It was 2:43 a.m., Mountain Daylight Time. :P
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Izeroth

I hate Bradford pear trees. They smell like decaying flesh during the spring, cover the ground with their fruit, and attract hordes of unwanted birds, like starlings and sparrows. And, as if the ones people have planted weren't already enough, they're spreading into the wild too. I cannot fathom why so many people plant them, and when I'm old enough to own a house, I will take great joy out of removing every single pear tree on my property.

Cornflower MM

. . . . People like pears. . . . . And sparrows, I think, are good for gardens. . . .

I like candy canes. They're my favorite non-healthy sweet.

Jetthebinturong

I'm posting this here because I don't think it would be good to post in the actual thread but if I ever met Winters from Adventure to Gadna, I'd go to town on him, seriously he's the most stuck-up, unpleasant and annoying character in the thing so far, people like him rub me the wrong way
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

. . . . . .

??

. . . . I hope he's not an important person. . . . . .

Jetthebinturong

He is, he's a general of the "good" guys

go to town
generic phrase indicating action(s) performed in a hardcore manner

Basically saying I'd beat him up

Cornflower MM

I know what 'go to town' means, Jet. My dad uses the expression all the time.

Jetthebinturong

Yes but that was for people who didn't. Also, it apparently has other, inappropriate meanings

Cornflower MM

Rainshadow

Random fact:  My parents got to go to the Christmas party today!  :D  My grandma convinced my mom that, even though she had the flu (not the stomach bug, the actual flu), it would still be okay for her to come.  I mean, we didn't get to go to the traditional Christmas Eve party at my mom's cousin's house, but we all at least got to go to my grandma's house for presents and such.  (And my cousin's daughter's first Christmas.  ^-^  Lol, she nearly beat my little cousins with the amount of presents she got.  :P)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Izeroth

Quote from: Cornflower MM on December 24, 2014, 11:50:35 PM
. . . . People like pears. . . . . And sparrows, I think, are good for gardens. . . .

I like candy canes. They're my favorite non-healthy sweet.

Bradford pear trees don't even make real pears. They're just tiny little fruits that I'm not sure are even edible. Sparrows are sometimes good for gardens, but those really aggressive introduced European sparrows get on my nerves.

On the subject of candy... I would say that I like gummy things. I cannot eat gummies right now, however, because of my braces.

Rusvul

Rainshadow

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on December 25, 2014, 04:42:53 AM
Braces are just the worst.

I wholeheartedly agree.  Especially when you're trying to get eat and every stinkin' bit of food decides to stick itself to your braces.  Then you're afraid to open your mouth, 'cause people will see all the goo stuck in your teeth.  :P