News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Firetail Therapy - Pluggfiretail M.D.

Started by Kitsune, November 03, 2015, 01:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Hello, and welcome to my office. I will be your therapist, Dr. Firetail.

If you have suffered from Death Defying Beavers, Chocolate Muffins of Death, or any other horrors to be found in the Cellars, look no further - for you are in the right place.

*Motions to couch* Would you like a session? First time is free!

(This is, of course, merely for fun. I have no doctorate in therapy. :P However, if you do wish to talk about something that has been on your mind, feel free to PM me. ^ _ ^ )

SESSIONS:
(Only one in topic and one through PMs at a time.)

LT Sandpaw: Finished
Lord Ashenwyte: Current (PM)
rachel25: waiting list
Sagetip: waiting list

LT Sandpaw

Can I make a appointment with you Dr. Firetail?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

If you have any extreme cases, feel free to send them to my establishment, the Insane Asylum.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Kitsune

@Sandpaw: Of course. This way, please. *Shows Sandpaw to the couch* Now. What has been on your mind?

@Skarzs: Certainly. :P

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

rachel25

Um, I just finished Lord of the Rings and I keep hurting my RP characters. Can I book a session?

Lady Ashenwyte

I've been suffering from not getting a new miniature soon enough. I would like to book a session.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Hickory

Hello.

Um, I myself am being plagued by someone else with a severe case of OPedness, is there a way to not get infected?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on November 03, 2015, 12:07:15 PM
Hello.

Um, I myself am being plagued by someone else with a severe case of OPedness, is there a way to not get infected?
Hmm. . .
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

LT Sandpaw

*Lays down on the couch.*

Well you see it all started several months back when I had just got back from my wandering beyond the forum. In that time I like to think I had matured slightly, plus I was more willing to see both sides of a problem. I suppose you could say that the time away was good for me.

Well anyway I had returned and was welcomed back by my forum friends. Life was good, my RPing skills had developed, my cellar humor was at its best, and I was making good points in the discussion thread. Well during my time in the cellar it occurred to me that to make my speech seem more surreal and unique I could add quotation marks to it. Simply as a byproduct of choice, not there for any reason other then originality. Most people I don't believe even noticed, several people had already started using different fonts to make their posts special such as yourself good doctor, so I thought of the quotation marks as nothing more then that.

However I was wrong. In accordance during the early stages of the Get to a thousand Posts topic someone pointed out that I was using quotation marks. Nothing much to it I thought, someone was simply noticing my originality for the first time. But then the anger came, I started receiving PMs concerning the quotations asking why. I thought it was harmless at first so I responded accordingly saying it was simply something I enjoyed doing. Then the PMs stopped and people started complaining about it.

I still to this day do not understand why these people were so bothered by simple quotation marks. They were angered by them for some reason, it was confusing and in a small sense hurtful. Imagine if someone started attacking how you colored and font your posts good doctor. Would you be like me and bend to their wishes simply to keep them happy? I had no desire to inspire anger or mental distress to these few. So I conceded and ceased my practice of adding quotation marks.

Should I have ignored these few and continued simply because I enjoyed adding quotation marks, or was I right to stop? Maybe am I simply crazy for even being slightly bothered over the issue? What do you think doctor?

Kitsune

@People who want sessions: added to the list

@Sandpaw: Hmm. An interesting scenario.

While I believe that the action of bending to peer pressure was wrong, it does not matter much because it is on a subject that does not matter a lot in the grand scheme of things.

However, the problem is in your frame of thought. I noticed that you seem to be very bothered about negativity when it comes to expressing yourself. Have you had or witnessed any bad experiences regarding expression of self, whether it be yourself or someone close to you?

Lady Ashenwyte

Mister Plugg, I have been recently been involved in a traumatic incident involving gifs, and a link. I would like for a PM session.

LT Sandpaw

I have a few memories of such events, expressing myself has always been a touch and go subject. I would rather not disclose such events as they are private, to myself and a few others. I will say however there have been many times when I have faced sever negativity about certain things. So yes, in regards to your question I have had several instances where I've seen, and felt serious negativity to my self expression.

rachel25

Aw, Sand. Bless you. I never minded your quotation marks and I don't understand why other people were so funny about them. If you want to do something a little different then do. Everyone else can just get a grip.

Kitsune

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on November 04, 2015, 03:14:53 PM

I have a few memories of such events, expressing myself has always been a touch and go subject. I would rather not disclose such events as they are private, to myself and a few others. I will say however there have been many times when I have faced sever negativity about certain things. So yes, in regards to your question I have had several instances where I've seen, and felt serious negativity to my self expression.

Ah, I see. Well, identifying the problem is the first step of fixing it. What you need to do is to be less sensitive of what others think, and bolder about expressing yourself. There is only one you, so why should others tell you how to be? Hopefully this helps.

@Ash: Of course.