News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The (Hypothetical) Next Redwall Champion

Started by Matthias720, September 23, 2011, 02:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovemariel

Quote from: Melody on January 18, 2012, 01:30:39 PM
Quote from: ilovemariel on January 18, 2012, 11:29:52 AM
how 'bout an adopted vermin (a sable!), It's already been done, but I think Brian Jaques should have given 'em another chance, deep down I'm sure there's no evil!

Yes like Veil, he just needed love.
Yes, but Veil (evil, live...?) Kind of became like all other vermin in the middle of the book... I was thinking that maybe a sable (or a fox) could become a mouse from Redwall's best friend and then the abbey gets attacked by the sable's/fox's parents (and/or clan). She has to fight FOR the abbey to prove that she is not just any friend and that vermin aren't always big brutes with no feelings.
I just do not feel it's right to say that vermin are all evil and arggggy!
Old stories told by travellers, Great songs that bards have sung, Of Mossflower summers, faded, gone, When Redwall's stones were young. Great Hall fires on winter nights,
The legends, who remembers,Battles, banquets, comrades, quests,Recalled midst glowing embers.Draw close now, little woodlander

Skipper

they mostly are, though only a couple have been known to be good or kind

Melody

I still think Veil wasn't all evil, he was in the middle after all he did save Bryony.

redwallgurl

yes well also veil was kind of nice but the elders wouldnt like it and probably it could mislead some dibbuns into thinking that vermin might be good
Fun. is a fantastic band.

eualaia

true

i think the next redwall champion should'v been a mole
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

redwallgurl

yeah they have good logic and maybe a fighter though i cant imagine it
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Ciaran Galedeep

Quote from: Taggerung The Otter on November 07, 2011, 02:52:34 PM
could it be like  hawk or something. or maybee a wildcat (not)[move][move][/move][/move]
Don't forget Gingervere or his known and implied descendents.

in redwall the Squire refers to and uncle who had a collection of battle equipment, and judging simply by the general personality of a wildcat (and squire gingervere's shared success with Captain Snow in the decimation of the remaining horderats of cluny's army) that he would possibly be every inch as skilled a blademaster as ever entered the pages of redwall . 
don't hate on the cats they could be sweet. (quite frankly an awesome plot would be twins, one goes good the other bad, then what would happen!?)

Bragoon

They did sort of have that with Pitru and Jeefra in High Rhulain.  Jeefra was by no means good, but I found it hard not to feel a little sorry for Jeefra. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Ciaran Galedeep

Quote from: Bragoon on March 02, 2012, 08:55:42 PM
They did sort of have that with Pitru and Jeefra in High Rhulain.  Jeefra was by no means good, but I found it hard not to feel a little sorry for Jeefra. 
i'm talking about cat that are actually capable (like verdaga and ungatt) not a pair of spoiled kittens.  (now that would be an interesting book, say trunn had been nursed back to health and had returned to claim the throne from king mortspear?)

Dotti

I'd like to hear a story about how King Mortspear survived having both Verdauga and Ungatt Trun in the same household, assumedly for years as they grew up.  Mortspear must have been an awesome bad guy for neither of his (quite capable) sons to have overthrown him. 
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Osu

Quote from: Dotti on March 05, 2012, 05:41:59 PM
I'd like to hear a story about how King Mortspear survived having both Verdauga and Ungatt Trun in the same household, assumedly for years as they grew up.  Mortspear must have been an awesome bad guy for neither of his (quite capable) sons to have overthrown him. 
Yes, I agree with this 100%. XD I can see Verdauga being docile enough to leave and set himself up in Mossflower on his own, but why would Ungatt go out sailing when he could murder his father and rule the northlands? Not really in keeping with the usual vermin profile.

Unless he set out to conquer the world and planned on nabbing his father last, or something...
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Osu on March 08, 2012, 07:48:00 PM
Quote from: Dotti on March 05, 2012, 05:41:59 PM
Yes, I agree with this 100%. XD I can see Verdauga being docile enough to leave and set himself up in Mossflower on his own, but why would Ungatt go out sailing when he could murder his father and rule the northlands? Not really in keeping with the usual vermin profile.

Unless he set out to conquer the world and planned on nabbing his father last, or something...

Maybe I'm being weird here, but what if his sons actually liked their father and didn't want to kill their father. Sounds soft, but vermin have feelings too. 
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Skipper

Ungatt might have been like normal vermin, always want somewhere warm to stay, the northlands were probably to plain for his taste, he also set out to do what no beast had done before, rule salamandastron

Matthias720

I've always thought of King Mortspear as being a strong ruler; strong enough to keep Ungatt from thinking about over-throwing his father.

Ciaran Galedeep

Quote from: Skipper on March 08, 2012, 08:31:09 PM
Ungatt might have been like normal vermin, always want somewhere warm to stay, the northlands were probably to plain for his taste, he also set out to do what no beast had done before, rule salamandastron
i think you've got it right. both ungatt and later verdauga desired to conquer, not to inherit.