The (Hypothetical) Next Redwall Champion

Started by Matthias720, September 23, 2011, 02:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Plugg Firetail on October 16, 2011, 07:30:11 PM
QuoteA calm haremaid who doesn't know that she is very gifted. That or a male hare that was a hermit in the woods.
I really wouldn't care, as long as it was a hare. There was only one (that I can think of) that was a champion. He was Bosie.

Also Buckler's sister in law. She actually killed Zwilt the shade.

She wasn't a Redwall Champion though. Just a person who had the will to kill a bad beast.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Plugg Firetail

Mad Maudie

Bucko was a hare champion RM

Personally i would have liked to see it a girl Squirrel who lives in redwall and was about to make her final vows when the Vermin attack so it gets postponed but she ends up finding she is a warrior and does not take her last vows just an idea i've had for a little while 
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

White One6193

Maybe a pygmy badger! I mean, a badger who is only the size of, say, an otter. Small enough that said beast could wield Martin's sword and not look ridiculous.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Mad Maudie on October 31, 2011, 04:19:07 PM
Bucko was a hare champion RM 

But not a Redwall champion! He was a Salamandastron blade-master!
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Captain Tammo

I'd like to see a mole wield the sword for once!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Muse

A pygmy badger? Way to degrade a great race guys!  ; )
I think the best twist would be.....dum dum dum.. a vermin champion!
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

Taggerung The Otter

could it be like  hawk or something. or maybee a wildcat (not)[move][move][/move][/move]
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Taggerung The Otter

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on September 30, 2011, 07:13:10 AM
AN OTTER!! ;D ;D ;D
And you're right, Dotti, an abbot/champion might not work. Abbots are too peaceful, and besides, it just doesn't...fit. ;) Hope you know what I mean.

Ah dink otterr's ha' the most braw than any other beastie 'cept fore stripdawgs and wildcats, wot wot. It ain't a Redwall H'abby book widnae an otter, chaps (and gels)  ;)
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Matthias720

Tagg, you have been warned before about double posting. Do not do it agaiin.

GeminyaTome

I think it would have been kinda' cool to see a bad-guy, become the good-guy and be the champion. It would turn the tables a bit, and a totally new story, something that's never happened before!
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Flandor

Quote from: GeminyaTome on November 12, 2011, 01:37:03 PM
I think it would have been kinda' cool to see a bad-guy, become the good-guy and be the champion. It would turn the tables a bit, and a totally new story, something that's never happened before!

Yeah, it'd be like what Taggerung should have been :)
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Superdreuzel

A stoat that is not evil for a change, but whacks vermin just because he can
Hmm ... Dolohov ...

Dotti

Quote from: Mad Maudie on October 31, 2011, 04:19:07 PM

Personally i would have liked to see it a girl Squirrel who lives in redwall and was about to make her final vows when the Vermin attack so it gets postponed but she ends up finding she is a warrior and does not take her last vows just an idea i've had for a little while 
Er, what vows would those be?  Marriage? 

Yeah, the idea of a vermin champion (somewhat like Grubbage) would be cool....but Mr. Jacques would never have done it.  It was his style to have his characters clearly black and white--no breaking from the stereotypes.  Makes it simple to know who's who when you're reading!
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

SableQueanVilaya

I think that maybe if there was to be a next book, maybe a non-evil ferret could do something to help Redwall and then one day, Martin the Warrior talks to the ferret in a dream telling he is the one to save Redwall. I think a good ferret in the series would be pretty nice. Plus, ferrets are awesome. Warrior of Redwall Ferret!