The (Hypothetical) Next Redwall Champion

Started by Matthias720, September 23, 2011, 02:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

If Brian Jacques hadn't passed away this past February, what do you think the next Redwall Champion would have been like? What species? Male or female? Redwaller or an outsider?

Personally, I'd have loved to have seen a female hedgehog as the next Champion. Just cause. :)

Redwall Musician

A calm haremaid who doesn't know that she is very gifted. That or a male hare that was a hermit in the woods.
I really wouldn't care, as long as it was a hare. There was only one (that I can think of) that was a champion. He was Bosie.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Muse

I think a mole would be awesome. Or maybe a vole.
Do not fear the unknown. It cannot hurt you.
What is truly worth fearing is the known.
By Muse

rakkety tam

a hare male that did not eat much and was very quiet :o
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

DanielofRedwall

A hedgehog, don't really care about the gender. A hedgehog warrior hasn't been done before, so it would be new and interesting. However, I don't think Brian Jacques would do it as a hedgehog was the main character in The Rogue Crew. Perhaps another mouse, in that case, or otter.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Janglur Swifteye

Janglur Swifteye

Also, I think it would be cool to have a champion/abbot

Redwall Musician

Janglur: Please refrain from double posting (posting twice in a row on the same topic).  If you want to add something, just edit you original post.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Dotti

Quote from: Janglur Swifteye on September 25, 2011, 10:42:18 PM
Also, I think it would be cool to have a champion/abbot
Hmm, an interesting idea, but I think it might be rather impractical.  The Abbot has to think of all of the ocupants of Redwall since he is responsible for them.  As champion AND abbot, his death would be completely devastating to Redwall.  It probably wouldn't be wise to have both positions filled by one beast.  However, it's a cool idea!
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Tiria Wildlough

AN OTTER!! ;D ;D ;D
And you're right, Dotti, an abbot/champion might not work. Abbots are too peaceful, and besides, it just doesn't...fit. ;) Hope you know what I mean.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Plugg Firetail

There was one though.From the Long Patrol.I think his name was Arven.

Lily

True, Plugg. I forgot about that! Although, Arven became Abbot after he finished his duties as Abbey Warrior, and I think everyone's talking about someone holding both ranks at once.

Captain Tammo

I think he would have a mouse. Simple, strong, like the first few books
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Plugg Firetail

QuoteA calm haremaid who doesn't know that she is very gifted. That or a male hare that was a hermit in the woods.
I really wouldn't care, as long as it was a hare. There was only one (that I can think of) that was a champion. He was Bosie.

Also Buckler's sister in law. She actually killed Zwilt the shade.