Mountain of the Fire Lizard

Started by Groddil, November 16, 2015, 01:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

"It's kind of tight. You probably wouldn't fit. I'm actually holding my ears down as of now, wot!" Snipper paced back and fourth and tried scrabbling away at the rocks again.
"What should we do? I can't die down here, I'm too young!"

Groddil

Marshalpaw thought for a moment.
"Okay, come out of there, I have a plan."
The general returned to the cellar and rolled another barrel of oil into the tunnel.
"Gimme a hand, we'll pour this oil into the space on the other side."

Ashleg

Snipper approached Marshalpaw and winced.
"But what if that triggers another explosion? More rocks an' then we die, stuck forever within the dark caverns of Salamandastron with nobeast to know of our sad tale except for a few dead ferrets and the very mountain itself..." He droned on and on about other bad possibilities in a very un-Snipperlike way.

Groddil

Marshapaw silenced the younger hare by grabbing his lips.
"Another explosion is the point, m'lad. If we sit still, we're guaranteed to die. If we start another explosion, well, we either die or we clear the rockfall. What'll it be, death, or the possibility of death tryin' to escape. Help me lift this."

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: Groddil, could you post with Stripepaw?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Groddil

OOC: I don't know what to say. Until Marshalpaw and Snipper clear the rockfall, we cant do a timeskip.

Ashleg

"Alright..."
Snipper raced over and tried to help Marshalpaw lift the barrel.

Groddil

With Snipper's help, Marshalpaw tipped the contents of the barrel through the hole. When the oil was starting to spill into the cellar, the hares stopped. Marshalpaw grabbed a lit torch.
"Get behind something."

Ashleg

Snipper looked around, not finding anything particularily stable seeming.
He tugged on his ear and stepped behind Marshalpaw. "Do you count?"

Groddil

Marshalpaw rolled his eyes.
"I guess."
The general threw the torch through the opening then flattened against the ground, pulling Snipper down with him. The oil ignited, not with the force of the previous explosion, but with enough to collapse the cave-in. Several boulders shot over the hares' heads, nicking one of Marshalpaw's ears. Amidst the shaking, he hauled Snipper upright and ran for the tunnel.
"This way, through the tunnel!"
Marshalpaw dived through another new hole in the cave-in, emerging in a long, unobstructed tunnel.
"Snipper, come on!"

Ashleg

Snipper darted frantically after Marshalpaw, feeling rocks and boulders hitting the ground as he ran.
With a screech, he flung himself into the tunnel after Marshalpaw and landed on his side, curled up on the ground.
He moaned and looked up, scrambling to get back on his footpaws. "I think I was hit, a rock got me right in the paw!"

Groddil

Marshalpaw inspected the recruit's paw.
"Thank your lucky stars it's not really bad, or you would have lost your paw. Still, it's quite bad. Hold still."
The general tore a sleeve from his embroidered tunic, wrapping it around Snipper's paw.
"Can you stand? Here, lean on my shoulder."

Ashleg

Snipper used Marshalpaw for support to help him stand, blinking away the pain.
He nodded.
"I-I'm okay, Sah. Let's get out of here."

Groddil

OOC: *TIMESKIP!!!1!1!*
Stripepaw and Io are now just outside the cave entrance. Marshalpaw and Snipper are at the main cavern, where the ferret leader and the large pool were.

BIC: Marshalpaw stared in awe at the massive chamber that lay before them. He looked around the edges of the room searching for exits, but they had all collapsed. The tall hare craned his neck and squinted at the roof, large chunks of rock missing from the explosion. Still, no ways out. Marshalpaw racked his brain, there had to be some way out. The general picked up a rock and threw it into the large pit that dominated the room. The pit was once full of highly flammable gas-filled oil, but now it was empty. Marshalpaw was waiting for a long time before he finally heard the relieving sound of the rock hitting bottom.
Phew, I thought that might 'ave been bottomless.
"Here, young un, help me find some rope."

Stripepaw stopped.
"Here we are, your ferret skull thing is in there. I'll make sure you don't get up to anything, let's go.

Lady Ashenwyte

"You're coming too? Interesting" Io said, and drew his saber. "Would your hares be interested in a crab for dinner?"
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.