Mountain of the Fire Lizard

Started by Groddil, November 16, 2015, 01:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Ashleg

Snipper grinned and saluted smartly.
"Righto, Sah! Lead the way!"

Groddil

OOC: We just have to wait for Sagetip to deal with the situation at the gate first. I'll PM him.

BIC: Marshalpaw led Snipper further up the mountain. He stopped at a heavy door.
"This is Lord Stripepaw's forge room. You're lucky you're with me, come on."
The tall hare pushed open the door. He selected a short spear for himself.
"Grab a weapon, lad. We may need 'em."

Hickory

The hare didn't expect to see the badger lord himself in the hall. "Ah, sah, intresting blighter at the gate sah! Has some sort of contraption he calls a "repeater crossbow," if I do remember correctly. He's offering his help, sah, says he has one of his crew with the fleet sailing for us, but I bally well don't expect him to actually cooperate with us, sah..."

The hare, realizing he'd said a little too much, trailed off and waited for Stripepaw's command.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Stripepaw rose from the chair. He roared at Sundash.
"Vermin at my gates? Take me there now!"

Ashleg

"Ooh, ouch, that one's bally sharp!" Snipper yowled and leapt back after accidentally pricking his finger on the blade of a sword. He'd gone to grab something else, but he decided to go with the sword. If it hurt by merely touching it, he wondered what would happen when it found its way into a vermin's paw.

Groddil

Marshalpaw grinned at the younger hare's antics. He silently wondered why Stripepaw would send one so inexperienced alone into the wilds, with pirates around no less. Still, he had to trust the badger lord's judgement.
"You ready to go now, young un'?"

Ashleg

Snipper nodded sheepishly and began to slowly pull the sword towards the door.
"Yeah...hold on while I try t' drag this heavy sword...Wot!" He fell on his back, laughing.
"Ohoho, I can't hold that! Think I should pick something else, Sah?"

Groddil

Marshalpaw frowned. Stripepaw should listen to him more often. The badger lord was too focused on the approaching ships to think clearly.
"Focus, Snipper, this is a very serious mission."
He selected a short sword, closer to a dagger than anything else, and passed it to the hare.
"Try this one fer size."

Mister Stabby vacated his cabin and saw the boats were already leaving. He sought out Yakkpar and pranced around the captain, twirling a knife.
"Ooh, we're so close now, cap'n. Do I get to do the sharp thingy sticky thing?"

Ashleg

Yakkpar grinned, slapping Mister Stabby heartily on the back.
"Ye get tae do it t' every last one of 'em fer all I'm concerned. Like that?"

--

Snippy apologized quickly and grabbed the dagger, testing it.
It was light in the paw and easy to manage.
"Yessah, this one's better! I'll use that sword when I'm fully grown, if it's still here," he said longingly.

Groddil

Mister Stabby clapped his hands with joy as he threw the knife high into the air. Not caring to catch it, he walked idly off towards the leaving boats as the knife pierced the skull of a nearby ferret. Forgetting something, the weasel assassin stepped over the twitching ferret, retrieving his dagger as he went.
"Need more knives to stab everybeast in tall hill. Need lots of knives indeed. Should paw a visit to cooky. Yeeessss! Cooky will give Mister Stabby lots of knives!"

Marshalpaw smiled. The young hare'd make a good Sergeant someday.
"Glad you like it, was my own once. Now are you ready to go?"

Ashleg

Yakkpar shook with anger.
"An' if you kill any more o' me crew, I'll stab YOU!"

--

Snipper looked very curious for a moment, glancing up at the older hare after nodding in agreement that he was indeed ready to go.
"That was your sword? Why'd you stop usin' it, Sah?"

Groddil

The weasel looked at Yakkpar absentmindedly.
"Mister Stabby not scared of you. Mister Stabby like stabbing beasts, and Mister Stabby only with you because you give lots of opportunities to stab. ONLY REASON! Sometimes, Mister Stabby get bored, have to stab beasts Cap'n don't want stabbed. Can't help it. Just try stabbing Mister Stabby. ONLY MISTER STABBY STABS MISTER STABBY!"
The weasel threw three knives, each one thunking into the wall extremely close to Yakkpar, then stomped off to the kitchens.

Marshalpaw shrugged.
"Grew out of it, I guess. Decent back-up, but what with the long period o' peace an' all, I didn't need it anymore. You look after it."
The general openned the large door.
"Come on, we best be out afore Stripepaw sees us."

Ashleg

"Righto, chap, I'll follow you!" Snipper said, marching after Marshalpaw.

--

As Stabby left Yakkpar stood there quivering, hot with anger.

Groddil

Marshalpaw led the way towards the gate, passing the officers mess along the way. He jumped a little when he saw Lord Stripepaw lurking around the exit.
"Err, just wait here. Maybe he'll pass."

Mister Stabby entered the kitchen. He knocked sharply on the wall.

OOC: Faiyloe, now's the time to introduce your characters.