News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

what does your name mean

Started by Mad Maudie, September 28, 2011, 12:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

My name means truth. It is the truth.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Cornflower MM

Ummmm. . . . . I looked it up once, and I think it was 'great pearl wisdom shopkeeper.'

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Cornflower MM on January 01, 2015, 03:25:13 PM
Ummmm. . . . . I looked it up once, and I think it was 'great pearl wisdom shopkeeper.'

Nice meaning.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Cornflower MM

Or was it it wisdom great pearl shopkeeper. . . . .? I dunno, Ill hafta find the baby book again. And thanks, Ashy.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Cornflower MM on January 01, 2015, 03:58:03 PM
Or was it it wisdom great pearl shopkeeper. . . . .? I dunno, Ill hafta find the baby book again. And thanks, Ashy.

Lol.

Cornflower MM

What? :P I always get the two mixed up.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Cornflower MM on January 01, 2015, 04:06:30 PM
What? :P I always get the two mixed up.
[/quote

EDIT: Woops, both meanings are nice.

Delthion

No, she knows what lol means, but she was just asking "What? I get great wisdom something-something mixed-up with the other format.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Maudie

Whoa, I found this from the link on the first post. It is eerily accurate.

"Your first name of  ________ has given you a friendly, likeable nature, and you could excel in artistic, dramatic, and musical expression.

With this name, you desire the finer things in life, but you do not always have the resolve and vitality to put forth the effort necessary to fulfil your desires.

Your emotional feelings are easily aroused and you will always be involved in other people's problems as a result of your overly sympathetic nature.

You have many disappointments because of extending a helping hand to others in need, and then not receiving any acknowledgement or reciprocation for your generosity.

After each experience, you have to guard against feelings of despondency and self-pity.

You have high goals and ideals, but must incorporate more practicality, system, and concentration in order to materialize them."
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jukka the Sling

I actually remember your name from another thread, Mask.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Maudie

Splendid. I actually remember that I purposely spelled it wrong in that other thread, because my mommy don't like me giving my name away on the internet. :) ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Kitsune

My name means gift of the Lord.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien