News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Slothunog

Started by Plugg Firetail, September 30, 2011, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

Alright, but be warned. There are a few pictures of a dead shark/plesiosaur body, and they are slightly nasty. So don't say I didn't warn you.

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/plesios.htm
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Log-a-Log

That's definitely not a shark
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Taggerung_of_Redwall

The article itself says that it was most likely a basking shark, if not for certain.
Conclusion:To help set the record straight, such authors should correct any misleading statements of the past on this issue, and refrain from any further suggestions that the carcass was a likely plesiosaur.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Nightfire

You guys really need to look up Kent Hovind's seminar about actual physical dead bodies of plesiousaurs. Anyway, if this is about the 'impossibility of dinosaurs and dinisaur-like creatures still being alive today,' then we can set up another topic, and I will gladly debate anyone. But let's get back on subject. Slothunog. Not plesiousaurs. Slothunog.
I personally want to know how a HARE managed to kill a giant water dragon. You'd think that Slothunog would have thicker hide than that.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Since he's the only plesiosaur, and adding such a creature to the series was quite unique, I don't think discussing Slothunog's species is off-topic, so long as it doesn't stop relating to Redwall. General information isn't way off either.
And also, I don't think there was a 'impossibility of dinosaurs and dinisaur-like creatures still being alive today' discussion going on, I saw no mention of such a concept.
@nooneinparticular: For the record, plesiosaurs weren't dinosaurs, just warm-blooded, live birthgiving reptiles. Also for the record, I refer to them in past tense as that's their current official state.

As for Cuthbert Blanedale Frunk killing Slothunog, I wouldn't put much past a maddened hare's ability. Frunk killing him with a pick-axe might be the thing to remember.

Tiria Wildlough

It wasn't a pickaxe, it was a pike. Here's a picture:

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Typo, yes, it was a pikeaxe.

Plugg Firetail

Just asking but do plesiosaurs have scales?If so then had did Cuthbert kill Slothunog with only a pike?

BadgerLordFiredrake

Seems to me like he was a cousin of the Lock Ness Monster, aka Nessie.  A pleosaur: long neck, big body, flippers.
baby turtle forever

Ceteruler

The Slothunog was interesting, but I'm not sure why it had to be killed, you know, besides the fact that Frunk got mad at it...

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Ceteruler on December 19, 2011, 12:50:14 PM
The Slothunog was interesting, but I'm not sure why it had to be killed, you know, besides the fact that Frunk got mad at it...
How would you like to live on a small island where there's a huge lake monster?
I'm not a hipster.

Sheep-From-The-Red-Hill

Quote from: Plugg Firetail on October 10, 2011, 08:42:10 PM
Just asking but do plesiosaurs have scales?If so then had did Cuthbert kill Slothunog with only a pike?

They probably had leathery skin so they can be as streamline as possible.

Ceteruler

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on December 27, 2011, 04:35:34 AM
Quote from: Ceteruler on December 19, 2011, 12:50:14 PM
How would you like to live on a small island where there's a huge lake monster?

I didn't think the island was that small, and anyway the otters all live in the safe haven place (I can't recall the name.)

Tiria Wildlough

It was Holt Summerdell. And I think that it had to be killed to save any accidents in the future, and so the lake could be safe if they wanted to swim or sail on it. ;)
I'm not a hipster.

Romsca

Well they couldn't really sail on it if the lake was inside a crater, thus making the wind unable to reach it