Redwall Isn't Safe Anymore! (Is Redwall as Safe as they Say it is? Part Two) OOC

Started by Ashleg, February 18, 2016, 01:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

James Gryphon

Interestingly enough, I can't think of any time in the books off the top of my head where a Skipper of Otters has gone head-to-head against the main villain. They do fight some ranking/notable villains, though, and generally come out ahead (with the original Skipper killing Cludd, and another one taking down a Monitor)

That said, as a newer otter leader, I don't feel Aver has the same prestige or experience as one that's been in the office long enough to have the title as his only name. ;) I would expect him to be less dangerous than an old wardog like Warthorn, certainly, or most of the other Skippers. So, there's no reason losing to peak Rapshade should be out of the question (although it does raise questions about where Mortembell ranks in the hierarchy of fighters).
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg

I don't recall Rapshade ever actually losing to Mortembell..
There was the poison incident, but his back down was about the poison and not her.
And then the beating...
But that wasn't a fight.

Groddil

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 16, 2016, 04:24:02 AM
Interestingly enough, I can't think of any time in the books off the top of my head where a Skipper of Otters has gone head-to-head against the main villain. They do fight some ranking/notable villains, though, and generally come out ahead (with the original Skipper killing Cludd, and another one taking down a Monitor)

That said, as a newer otter leader, I don't feel Aver has the same prestige or experience as one that's been in the office long enough to have the title as his only name. ;) I would expect him to be less dangerous than an old wardog like Warthorn, certainly, or most of the other Skippers. So, there's no reason losing to peak Rapshade should be out of the question (although it does raise questions about where Mortembell ranks in the hierarchy of fighters).

Poison and anger don't make for even fights though. She only needed to hit him once.

Ashleg

Mortembell's good when she's in complete control.
Poison, like you said she only needed to touch him once.
But still, he had better not tell her to be careful again or he's in for a whoopin'! XD

Ashleg

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on November 17, 2016, 01:48:58 AM
Wincing Petu retreated, rubbing his bleeding nose with his free paw. Fardan had managed to leave a small scratch when he spun, and threatened to do more damaged as he advanced. Petu was no great fencer, nor was he particularly strong and he waved his sword wildly out in front of himself trying to fend Fardan off.
"Help me Duncan!" He screamed as he slipped on the snow, falling clumsily on his tail.

Duncan:

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

Ashleg

Oh, haha, nice. ;D
Much scarier than they actually are, though.
...Seems like that's what they think should play when they arrive. XD

Ashleg

Aaaayyyyyeeee Sand!

Did my PM just not send or something?
It's been like a week.

LT Sandpaw

I got it, I just didn't want to disappoint you. :(

Its not all that big. Remember in Bracklew's original plan he fully expected and wanted to die killing Alfhild, and he expected Rapshade to die or run. Either way the ferret was going to be free, at least in Bracklew's eyes.

The squirrel wanted to be released from his demons, while the ferret wanted out of his chains. All I was doing when I used the italics was emphasis that freedom was the ultimate goal. :-\

I hope I didn't ruin it for you.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

Aaah, okay, the italics made it sound malicious for some reason. XD

LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro