News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Fiver's Honeycomb

Started by Skyblade, February 21, 2016, 02:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

Yep, shameless advertising :P But let me know if this is not allowed, and I'll fix it! :)

So, Corny has thoughtfully told some of you about another forum called Fiver's Honeycomb. It's a Watership Down forum, much like this is a Redwall forum. But just like we talk about all sorts of things over here, we also talk about all sorts of things over there! Heck, you can join without even reading the book; that's what I did! :P (But after my reading competition ends, I am definitely reading that book :P) It's a lot like this place, but with different people. The community is small but close-knit, and the members are nice.

So, I recommend checking it out. Thanks, everyone! :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Kitsune

I joined. ^_^

@Soren and Eul: Sierra says he misses you. GET YOURSELVES OVER THERE. :D

Gonff the Mousethief

Man, I made an account there a while back, so I'll have to see if I can remember by name (I believe it's Bluberry because I spelt it wrong).
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Søren

I've been trying to make an account, but when I do and it's says I'm part of the "warren", when I try to log in it says there's no use by my name. (Søren)

EDIT: Figured it out, it was the Ø. I'm Soren. ;D

I'm retired from the forum

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on February 21, 2016, 05:28:18 AM
Man, I made an account there a while back, so I'll have to see if I can remember by name (I believe it's Bluberry because I spelt it wrong).

Hey Gonff, I can help you with that if you like. Or go ahead and make a new account if you wish! (Disclaimer: Sierra, who is one of the big shots in the Honeycomb, says that would be fine.) 

Lutra

Gee, where have I heard of this place before?  Oh yeah.  ;) :P
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Cornflower MM

Hey Myr-Ah, Lutra! (Gah. I finally got into the habit of calling you Myrkin.)

Skyblade

Actually, Lutra is Hawkbit ;) He's the creator of Fiver's Honeycomb.

Cornflower MM

*Headdesk* *Muffled voice* This is too confusing.

Lutra

I am so not Myrkin!  ;)

Like here, I'm not around that often, but I've good people to keep the place going!  Plus Watership Down is quite an amazing book.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Cornflower MM

Sorry Lutra. And yes, you are definitely not Myrkin. :D Yes it is.

ABareBear

If anyone has trouble joining or finding their way thru the site, please do let me know (via PM) and I will do my best to help you thru the warren :)

By the way (and this is mostly for those weird guest who read a thread inside a forum that's promoting another forum): If you want to discuss Richard Adam's Watership Down (and its sequel: Tales from Watership Down) but aren't fluent enough in English to have a conversation, do not worry. We also speak Spanish, German, Polish and Finnish... you will be able to communicate in some way or another :D

Skyblade

Add Korean to the list of languages above ;)

Søren

...and about 10 Russian phrases... ;)

I'm retired from the forum

Chipster of Noonvale

*bump*

The forum is still online, although much different from the way it used to be.  A few months, Fiver's Honeycomb was migrated to a SMF platform similar to this site, with @James Gryphon providing the hosting and having coded the themes.  The forum recently reached 40 000 posts and remains quite active (sometimes, it appears more active than this site excluding the cellars).

Even if you're not familiar with WD, there are still plenty of off-topic discussions and forum games.

@Ashleg is also hosting a RP, and is looking for more players.  Also, a new Watership Down miniseries will be released at Christmas on BBC One in the UK, and internationally on Netflix; the first trailer was just released!  If you haven't joined already, now is the perfect time to do so ^-^

fhc.soopergrape.com

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, comments or anything ^-^ @Tsukuyomi and @Cornflower MM are also staff members ^-^