News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Second Amendment

Started by GATXSD40-2, March 09, 2016, 05:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GATXSD40-2

Im a strong be leaver of guns for hunting,and self protection. People that are ageanst that make my blood boil.
Keep your head straight kid!

Tam and Martin

YES! You don't even want to get me started on this!

I LOVE GUNS! <3<3<3<3

I own over ten myself, I hunt as often as I can with them, I do competitions with my 12 gauge for track shooting, and I just love them all around!

LIBERALS WHO ARE FOR GUN CONTROL MAKE ME SO ANGRY!!!!!! I mean, just look at al the times when mass shooting were stopped by responsible concealed carry owners! They think that if you take away the guns then there will be no more shootings! BUT WHAT HAPPENED IN CHICAGO WHEN THEY BANNED GUNS??

I'll stop now before I offend anyone.

Here Gat, I think you will like these:

Please don't look at this if you are Pro Gun control

[close]

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

GATXSD40-2

Quote from: Tam and Martin on March 09, 2016, 06:06:41 PM
YES! You don't even want to get me started on this!

I LOVE GUNS! <3<3<3<3

I own over ten myself, I hunt as often as I can with them, I do competitions with my 12 gauge for track shooting, and I just love them all around!

LIBERALS WHO ARE FOR GUN CONTROL MAKE ME SO ANGRY!!!!!! I mean, just look at al the times when mass shooting were stopped by responsible concealed carry owners! They think that if you take away the guns then there will be no more shootings! BUT WHAT HAPPENED IN CHICAGO WHEN THEY BANNED GUNS??

I'll stop now before I offend anyone.

Here Gat, I think you will like these:

Please don't look at this if you are Pro Gun control

[close]
I own a few guns and have two AR15s and i always carry a gun with me.
Keep your head straight kid!

Wylder Treejumper

Not memes. These are journalist pictures of the United States Naval Reserve Station in Chattanooga, TN after it was attacked by a jihadist and 5 US servicemen were killed. Deadly, sorrowful irony.

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Hickory

Hey, sorry for the backseat moderating, but can we not erupt into arguments?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

You realise that the new gun control laws just require a background check before you sell someone a gun? If you're afraid your freedom to own a gun is compromised, then it's because you have something to hide.

Also consider the fact that only America has shootings of this size and scale so frequently.

And also consider that the most well-trained police forces on Earth rarely use guns.

And consider that the American police do not consider their guns to be a last resort. Consider that they always shoot people to kill, and never to injure or disable. Shooting someone that you think might be armed? I consider that murder. Shooting someone who has a knife from a distance? Also murder. Of course there are sometimes extenuating circumstances. Perhaps a knifeman tried to attack a civilian or was holding a hostage. In these circumstances then it would be acceptable. I've seen a video in which American senior cops watch videos of British police taking down armed assailants without the need to fire a gun. And when the person pulled out the knife they said "In America, there's no way he's getting out of that alive. He'd be shot."
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Sagetip on March 09, 2016, 07:59:51 PM
Hey, sorry for the backseat moderating, but can we not erupt into arguments?
i'm not looking to which is why . . .

Quote from: Jet the binturong on March 09, 2016, 08:01:35 PM
You realise that the new gun control laws just require a background check before you sell someone a gun? If you're afraid your freedom to own a gun is compromised, then it's because you have something to hide.

Also consider the fact that only America has shootings of this size and scale so frequently.

And also consider that the most well-trained police forces on Earth rarely use guns.

And consider that the American police do not consider their guns to be a last resort. Consider that they always shoot people to kill, and never to injure or disable. Shooting someone that you think might be armed? I consider that murder. Shooting someone who has a knife from a distance? Also murder. Of course there are sometimes extenuating circumstances. Perhaps a knifeman tried to attack a civilian or was holding a hostage. In these circumstances then it would be acceptable. I've seen a video in which American senior cops watch videos of British police taking down armed assailants without the need to fire a gun. And when the person pulled out the knife they said "In America, there's no way he's getting out of that alive. He'd be shot."
I am not going to answer this. I respect my opinion and i hope you do mine.

Jetthebinturong

I respect your opinion, but all opinions must be challenged.

LT Sandpaw

Those guys in the recruitment office are almost totally defenseless and they are prime targets for attacks. However there is little that can be done about their lack of self defense. And really even if they were armed the result may very well have been the same as surprise attacks, and drive by shootings kinda negate how effective bringing weapons into play will be.

That said they still ought to have something, even a armed police officer at the door would deter most attackers from ever even attempting something.

Anyways.

Quote from: Jet the binturong on March 09, 2016, 08:01:35 PM

This is sadly the truth. But saying that they always shoot to kill, never to injure or disable is a bit far fetched. Shooting someone in the leg, while less likely to kill them, isn't practical. Not only is it a harder target but it still leaves the assailant free too retaliate.

Also saying that Cops in America are don't use their guns as a last resort is a huge blanket statement. And its also 90% of the time false. While they are more likely to shoot an armed suspect 'If they are afraid for their life' they won't just gun down everyone who pulls a weapon.

The rule is if that Cop feels his life is endangered he has the right to shoot. Lots of people would rather have a bad guy full of bullet holes then a man doing his job with a deadly knife wound.

Also America isn't the only place to be affected by shootings. Some eighty people got shot in one sitting in France not to long ago, and gun violence attacks happen even more commonly in the Middle East. Even the U.K. has frequent gun violence.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on March 09, 2016, 08:21:13 PM
Even the U.K. has frequent gun violence.

I have found no evidence to corroborate that statement.

Of course, these statistics only go up to 2011. I'll try and find something else.

LT Sandpaw

That statistic chart counts only homicides, where people were murdered. It ignores basic gun crime.

Try this link to a CNN article.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/12/11/gun-crime-soars-in-england-where-guns-are-banned-n1464528

Edit:

The U.K is another matter though. Its the United States which is fighting against its own liberties now. And what worries me the most is that so many people would willingly give up liberties for supposed safety. Its like FDR said, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Jet the binturong on March 09, 2016, 08:19:44 PM
I agree, i just don't think it should be here.

Hickory

Quote from: Tam and Martin on March 09, 2016, 08:44:02 PM
That doesn't make much sense.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Sagetip on March 09, 2016, 09:37:55 PM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on March 09, 2016, 08:44:02 PM
That doesn't make much sense.
What do you mean?

The Skarzs

Those were pretty funny pictures, Tam.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.